This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We're gonna get your Thyroid checked!-giggle-"

When I was about 15 I was on anti depressants that a side effect was that I lost a LOT of weight but my other doctors knew I was healthy due to ya know testing.. till one day my doctor was out and I had to have this new doctor.. and man I HATED her guts

For one she was PERKY and not GOOD perky.. she giggled and talked in a high bubbly voice... which if I were a male patient that would have been fine.. I wasn't.. OH And she ofcourse acted like I didn't know a thing about my body and talked to me in a sugary sweet condescending tone like I was three... .___.

Well she asked me a few questions, though obviously didn't belive my answer and finally said as PERKY as possible

"Oh well I think you are anorexic so we're gonna get your THYROID checked just to make sure 8D wont that be fun?"

-face palm-

Long story short, NO I wasn't... and I never saw that bimbo again ._.

Fun my ass

Skinny != anorexic. >.<

Comment

Quoth FiddleFaddle View Post
      When I was about 15 I was on anti depressants that a side effect was that I lost a LOT of weight
      Side effect? For me, that would be a bonus.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
        Side effect? For me, that would be a bonus.
        Oh it was, sometimes I wish I could go back on them XD because I regained a lot of weight when I stopped taking them=P

But it was getting to a point where my parents were a LITTLE worried even though I ate like a horse...XD

Comment

Quoth Dragon_Dreamer View Post
          Skinny != anorexic. >.<
          She kept going on I told her "I'm not anorexic I eat like a horse" "Yeah right I'm SURE you do sweetie"

D<

Comment

Granted, anorexia is a mental thing, and frequently that would be what is heard... but she didn't even look in your file. That is the bad part. You are well shed of her.
            Presumably the anti-depressants worked? >_> are working? /nosy, thus feel free not to answer
            My own medical "you're close to being underweight" was met with questions and a few blood tests. First time I saw my own blood coming out of me in that quantity... urg. Now I'm close to being over!
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
              Granted, anorexia is a mental thing, and frequently that would be what is heard... but she didn't even look in your file. That is the bad part. You are well shed of her.
              Presumably the anti-depressants worked? >_> are working? /nosy, thus feel free not to answer

They worked well enough, I'v been off them for years, I was on them because when I was 13 I was staying with my Grannie over the summer alone, just me and her.. and one morning I came up to wake her and well.. she was dead.. I had to call the police and the hospital.

After that My grades slipped in school and I was always really quiet and sad DX so my moms brilliant idea instead of therapy was pills

Comment

Joy.

Assuming you were simply going through the normal grieving process (probably a bit more severe because of the age & being the one to find her), all you needed was a good minister/rabbi/priest, grief counsellor, or even just a wise and understanding friend.

A well trained minister/rabbi/etc or a grief counsellor can not only help you through it, but monitor your grieving advise you to get help if it's becoming dangerous.

(There is no truly 'normal' grieving process: we all grieve in our own way. But there are signs that distinguish healthy grief from unhealthy depression. You only need medical intervention if you're going into the unhealthy.)
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Yeah plus the medicine at one point was surging through me that made me faint... >.< But I was needing council far more than I needed meds but I'm coping pretty well now^^ Save for how mum messed up my blood test XD

See she forgot and thought you WERN'T supposed to eat before the blood test.. so I nearly fainted... when I recovered they asked me "Why didn't you EAT?" And I just glared at my mom and she just grinned nervously and went "Oopse.."

Comment

I had been wondering why you were taking them that young...
                    and glad that part of your life (bad/stressful) is past. At least your mom's trying?
                    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                      I had been wondering why you were taking them that young...
                      and glad that part of your life (bad/stressful) is past. At least your mom's trying?

Oh she was very.."trying' alright...

She mainly put me on the meds because she didn't want to deal with how I was acting, plus some fat bastard at my church didn't help either He sent me spiralling with his nasty comment of "So is it true you killed your grannie because you were so ugly you gave her a heart attack?"

Comment

What an absolute asshole!

Bloody hell.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                          What an absolute asshole!

Bloody hell.

He was all smug about it, the only satisfaction I got was a girl that DIDN'T EVEN LIKE ME punched him HARD in the arm and called him a jerk for that.. -__-

Comment

Re the weight loss: same deal, that would be a bonus
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I would have kicked him in the balls. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X