This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    ugh.....the last time I needed a TB test was before going to college. The nurse warned me to look away since it involved injecting a bubble of fluid under the skin, and that the sight can be disturbing.
    I had that one done just before I started my hospital pharmacy rotation. I hadn't had one done since, jeez, sometime long before I graduated high school. And that was the good old TB tine!

Quoth Seshat View Post
    TB is NASTY, and even when the disease is cured, the lung-scarring it causes can't be. (Or so I understand.) And if you happen to catch the resistant form, they have to use 'we really don't want to use these' antibiotics, which themselves are nasty.
    Tell me about it. We had a statewide manhunt going on since 27 Jan for some guy with active TB. Finally turned himself in to a Clovis hospital this past Wednesday. Southern New Mexico and El Paso have a lot of problems with it.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth emt_cookies View Post
      I heard a rumor that a regulatory body was requiring hospitals in their state to do quantiferon gold blood draws (or whatever it is called) on some of their staff that were considered high risk like nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists, etc.
      What state is that? I've never heard of such a thing.

My employer requires a PPD, but will only pay for it if I go to an urgent care that's in a very inconvenient part of town for me, and is always busy and a hassle to go to (parking is a real problem). So I just pay cash at my doctor's and claim it on my taxes.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Tell me about it. We had a statewide manhunt going on since 27 Jan for some guy with active TB. Finally turned himself in to a Clovis hospital this past Wednesday. Southern New Mexico and El Paso have a lot of problems with it.
        Why does that 'sound' in my head like searching for Typhoid Mary?
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          Why does that 'sound' in my head like searching for Typhoid Mary?
          Because essentially it is
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
          X