Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang! Woman cancels wedding because...

Friends & family won't help her get the $60K for the wedding she wants...

Then rants about it, going full-on EW...

https://imgur.com/a/JDccVmd
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

"I'm not your friend anymore? How will I ever go on?"

She said that that she wanted to have a "Kardashian Wedding." Unfortunately, she would probably have had a Kardashian marriage. The groom dodged a cannonball.
    Last edited by catcul; 08-28-2018, 01:05 PM.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
      "I'm not your friend anymore? How will I ever go on?"

She said that that she wanted to have a "Kardashian Wedding." Unfortunately, she would probably have had a Kardashian marriage. The groom dodged a cannonball.
      My question is, "How rich are her friends?"

She wanted each of them to give her between $1,000 and $1,500. Which she said was "not a lot" to give.

I make decent money, and I don't even know if I would give that much to a friend who was getting married.

Comment

Did you catch the reason for that $60k budget? Bridezilla was taking advice from a psychic.
        Moreover she dumps her spouse-to-be just because he suggested a Vegas wedding which would they could easily cover.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

If CAD $1,500 is not a lot to give, she can give it to me. I'll take it.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Before two days ago I'd never heard of fundraising for weddings. Jack and Jill? Anyway they aren't done here, and I wouldn't help out. I buy a present, they throw their own damn party.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
              Did you catch the reason for that $60k budget? Bridezilla was taking advice from a psychic.
              And she said she wanted to be a Kardashian for a day...

Moreover she dumps her spouse-to-be just because he suggested a Vegas wedding which would they could easily cover.
              A spouse-to-be that she already had a kid with. But yeah, she dumped him over something petty.

Because it's very, very likely that she said she wanted a fancy-pants $60K wedding -- and he just went along with it ("Yeah! Me too!"). I would guess that a large number of men who get married do this exact same thing.

My wife and I had a small outdoor wedding. I think our total cost was close to $3,000, and we paid for everything ourselves. That included the venue, food, Justice of the Peace, clothing, rings, invitations, favors, cakes, everything.

Comment

This really does take "Bridezilla" to a whole new level . . . Honestly, I think her 'friends' dodged a cannonball, as well.

What do you suppose she'd have wanted for her next baby shower?

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                  This really does take "Bridezilla" to a whole new level . . . Honestly, I think her 'friends' dodged a cannonball, as well.

What do you suppose she'd have wanted for her next baby shower?
                  She might have ended up with a Kardashian marriage, too...

Kim Kardashian is on her 3rd marriage.
                  Kourtney is divorced
                  Khloe is divorced, also.

People get divorced. I get it. My parents divorced. My mother has been divorced four times.

But this lady's marriage was destined to fail. Because morgana is right, there's no telling what she'd want for a baby shower.

Comment

She's as high as a Giraffe's asshole if she thinks people were going to pay that.
                    AkaiKitsune
                    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

After reading everything that the 'bride' had requested , the feeling I got was that she was charging $1500 a person for the privilege of viewing her wedding. If someone sent me an wedding invite with an $1500 invoice to attend, I would be like Have a wonderful time!!
                      Last edited by drunkenwildmage; 08-28-2018, 09:21 PM. Reason: Can't type woth a damn!
                      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

I am not sure I believe this is real. Some of the wording a got little too off the rails. If it's true, though, what an EW. Great job, mom and dad. And yeah I know there are other influences on a kid besides the parents, but this can't be the first time she's shown herself to be a greedy spoiled brat.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

If I ever received an invite like that I'd have told the bride where to go and how to get there. And if she wanted to dump me as a friend, well, that's no skin off of my nose because who the hell wants greedy bitches like that for a friend anyway?

If she truly loved her fiance she would have gotten married in Vegas like he suggested, but instead it seems like she was only out for the money. If somebody wants a huge wedding then it's up to them to finance it instead of expecting everybody invited to foot the bill instead. Especially to the tune of $1500 a head. Hell, that amount would pay my rent for two months, so there's no chance in hell that I'd fork it over because a bride demanded it for helping to pay for the huge wedding she wanted.

Comment

My benchmark for whether a couple should get married is based on the tale of someone's wedding that I read about a few years ago.

The lady was a wedding planner, so she was given a good discount on a stately home where she had often organised weddings. The wedding party gets to stay in the stately home, the wedding takes place in the grounds, and the reception afterwards is all catered for.

The night before the wedding she was in bed, asleep, when the fire alarm went off. Like everyone else, she dashed outside, dressed in her pyjamas, hair curlers and fluffy slippers.

It turned out there had been a small fire in the kitchen. No-one was hurt, but the building had filled with smoke before it was put out and a lot of the furnishings and clothing had been smoke-damaged, including the bride's wedding outfit.

The registrar turned up in the middle of all this and asked the bride if she wanted to go ahead or reschedule. She thought about it, and decided that getting married to the man she loved was more important than the dress and all the frippery involved. So she married him, still in her pyjamas and fluffy slippers (pictorial evidence was provided from someone's mobile phone) and they had a blessing at a later date with the dress etc. so that they could have the pretty pictures and party.

That's been my baseline ever since; if you're not willing to get married in your pyjamas and slippers if everything goes pear-shaped then you're more interested in the wedding than the groom/bride and the marriage may be doomed from the start.
                            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

What's betting the 'psychic' was getting kick backs from the more expensive place?

This ^@^&^%**&& is delusional. If I got word that a friend was trying to pull that stunt for their wedding, I'd give them on hell of a Gibb's slap and tell them to remove their head from their arse after I laughed at them for 20 minutes or so.
                              A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Working...
                              X