This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menu and Grocery List Creator

I'm looking for whats in the title. Most I have found either cost way too much or don't allow me to imput my recipies. And since Mom gave BF and I some new cookboks to help with both of us eating better...I would like a easy way to plan a weeks worth of meals and only do *1* shopping trip a week.

googling "menu and grocerylist planner turend up quite a few hits

the first two are
    here

and

here

for both you make a free account, browse recipes, add your own, and when you add it to your weekly planner, it generates a list.
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Bunny!!

The boy and I use "Our Groceries" It's a droid app, 1 email address, and he and I both access it. You can also plug in recipes, and instead of an entire grocery list, from memory, you pick a recipe, and it puts all the ingredients on the list. Should be able to find it on the app market, methinks. Good luck!!

Comment

LUPO! You need to look at your phone more...not answering my txt's...

But the BF and I both have iPhones. :P

Katt, I don't know why those didn't show up on my list. I'll have to look into those.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          LUPO! You need to look at your phone more...not answering my txt's...

But the BF and I both have iPhones. :P

Katt, I don't know why those didn't show up on my list. I'll have to look into those.
          Chances are that the app also comes up on iPhone
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            Chances are that the app also comes up on iPhone
            here's a list of iphone apps for grocery lists/menus
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Thanks Blaque for the link. I'm going to look over them at a later time.

Seems like there are loads of apps for just about everything!
              And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

I use Out of Milk on my Droid. I love that ap. It's got three sections, "Shopping list" (and you can have multiple lists), "To Do List" , and "Pantry" where you can keep home inventory.

I imagine if you needed specific recipe lists, it would be easy enough to create and store them. It's a free ap for basic, but we got the pay version so we can both access it. Very easy to use.

It's my favorite ap right now.

Comment

paper and pen

There ya go!

Honestly, I've always just done it by hand....
                  Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42
                    paper and pen

There ya go!

I love you.

Comment

Me, too. My phone can't even do apps.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                        paper and pen

There ya go!

Heh, same here. Hubby and I go through our stack of "recipes to try" on Sunday evening (and sometimes just our regular recipe books and box), pick out a few, and then fill in our menu on our wall calendar. We also make the shopping list by hand as we go through the recipes, and then do one shopping trip for the week. Used to do it every two weeks, but that's gotten less feasible as we've added kids to our family.
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I have a list I made on Excel and printed out several copies of, then all we need to do is put an X on what's needed. The only issues with this is that a. I forget things, b. I'm not all that experimental to diverge too much off the usual gettings, and c. we forget the list XD
                          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Well, yeah, of course paper works, however,

1. You have to remember to bring the paper.
                            2. You have to remember to bring a pen to cross stuff off.
                            3. You have to remember what's in your pantry in case you forget something and are wondering about it.
                            4. If your husband or whatever is helping you shop, you can both cross off on the same list no matter where you are. It updates itself.
                            5. You have to keep up with your pen and paper in the store.

I'm not going to leave my phone behind. So I always have it. And I can just pick up my phone and speak directly into it to update my list while I'm walking around the kitchen. Heck, I can even pick up an item and scan a bar code with my phone.

Comment

Hope one of the aforementioned apps works out for you. I like the idea of inputting menus to generate a list.

I'm fortunate that my 'main' grocery has a decent website. The have their weekly sales flyer in a clickable form that generates a grocery list that you can add to. (Which I do from the pen and paper list in the kitchen. Gotta write it down as I run out or I'll NEVER remember. ) Biggest bummer is that they reformatted the site a bit two years ago, and it no longer groups things by section; produce, dry goods, frozen, etc. THAT was handy. And they no longer accept print at home coupons, so if there are any I can use, I have to go in and tear up a flyer.

Comment

Working...
                              X