This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is but a dream

Thought it would be a little while before I had to return to the workforce. Left my abusive husband and lost everything I owned. I went to live with my son and watch grandbabies. The plan was for us to move together when he graduates in September and then I would get a job and move out on my own. Well, that all hit the trash suddenly. I am stuck in BUm%&*^ Alabama. I am trying to return to the workforce in a dying town in a very rural area.

I'm sorry to hear your troubles, kptsj. Glad to hear your left your abusive husband though. You deserve better than that!
    If you aren't tied to Alabama, consider moving to the Midwest. The issues facing the rest of the country haven't hit as hard here and there are jobs and housing. I live in Nebraska and depending on what you are looking for, you can probably find something fairly easily. There are many entry-level jobs open.

Comment

life is but a dream

Trying to stay close to Georgia. Need to get my life back on track so I can get my daughter and grandchild out of our hometown. I would go back there and try to work there but I have no one to stay with. At least here I have a safe place to stay.

Comment

I out in applications everywhere. Clerk jobs at City Hall and Courthouse, McDonalds, every little store in the area, several at local Army Base. Was supposed to start Monday at deli at Piggly Wiggly. Really did not want it. All weekend I prayed that something else would pop up. Even the manager at deli hates her jobs, and I really just not up for customer abuse right now, and it will never be more than 24 hours a week. Two minutes before I go in a get a call from a huge church in next town for a housekeeping position . So, I am there instead. 30 hours a week, sometimes more. Still minimum wage. But, much more relaxed. Just having to try and get a good routine going.

Comment

Quoth kptsj View Post
          Two minutes before I go in a get a call from a huge church in next town for a housekeeping position . So, I am there instead. 30 hours a week, sometimes more. Still minimum wage. But, much more relaxed. Just having to try and get a good routine going.
          Sounds like a good job! I wish you the best of luck in your new position.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
          X