This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sup fellow employees

After the week I've had I just had to vent to others that understand. I work at a fabric and craft store, at the fabric counter. Fun, right? Sometimes it is, really. As a getting to know you starter, here are my top pet peeves:

1)Your prices/sales/coupons are SO confusing! Maybe they are. Was I at all involved in the process? Nope.
    2)Take a number? But there's no one waiting! Yes there is. Alternately: But I've been standing in line! Hint: there is no line, so I guarantee you were not standing in it.
    3)You don't have wi-fi? That's dumb, how can I get your app so I can get a coupon? Okay, this is a geography thing. Our store is close to a national border. (US/Canada) And roaming data is costly, I totally understand. But we still don't have wi-fi.
    And finally...
    4)Not being prepared. Picture this. It's a busy weekend during the holiday season. As usual, we are understaffed. The wait is long, possibly 15-30 minutes. But the customer stuck it out, and I'm ready to help. Here is the response to my "how much can I cut for you?" Customer: "Oh." *digs through giant purse and pulls out paper* "Um..... Well.... So. I need 5 13" x 13" squares, a 26" x 2" strip, and enough for some chair cushions, just regular size." Nuff said.

Also, co-workers. But that's another story! Anyway, hi!
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

I'm pretty sure that you and I work for the same company. Your pet peeves sound a lot like mine.

There was another regular here named flutes_and_fabric who also worked for the same company, and boy did she have stories! (This one's my personal favorite.)

to I look forward to your stories.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Serious! That's an amazing story from flutes_and_fabric. Our store recently got a computer "update" which has caused 3 of 7 registers to be unusable, and everything (registers, handhelds) to crash multiple times a day. I was in line after my shift and the lady behind me starts complaining... At first I was agreeing with her, and saying how we all hate it too, but she kept going. Then she said that a few days ago she had some fabric cut, and ended up just leaving it on a shelf and walking out. I could not keep quiet, and said "I know it's annoying but please give us back the fabric before you leave because it's very hard to sell if it gets left like that." And oh boy did that make her upset! I just know she's going to complain, or come back and I'll have to smile and help her.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X