Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that a premature introduction or...?

Lately I'm having some issues with mentor coverage. We have an agency that we use for those situations (although I use it as an extreme last resort). This actually isn't a bad thing as we've had a few new mentors come out of it.

We're also about to get a new coordinator starting in roughly 2 weeks. He WAS going to start earlier, but issues with our new software (that's for another thread ) mean this got delayed. As a result, we were going to ask him if he could do some mentor work for us in the meantime, but that got nixed since he still needs to be inducted regardless.

Cue me turning to the agency and asking for some coverage. They send me back the names and details of the mentors we'll be using so that I can contact them and brief them (I do this every time we need an agency person so they know what to expect and who to contact)

Turns out that Mr. New Guy was on the agency's books and opted to take four of the shifts I needed covering next week! That raised some alarm bells in regards to whether him doing that construed a conflict of interest.

Confirmed with the acting manager (both my managers are on a conference) that since Mr. New Guy is technically going through the agency and he hasn't signed the contract yet that confirms his start date just yet...that's actually completely fine.

I wound up dithering over whether or not to give him the standard form email I use or to go further, but in the end I went with the form email. It'll be interesting to see his response tomorrow.

Is that a premature introduction...or are you just pleased to see me before I've arrived? :P
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

So your prospective coordinator is demonstrating that he's willing to step in and do mentoring himself when needed, even before he gets the higher position.

Looks pretty promising to me!

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
        So your prospective coordinator is demonstrating that he's willing to step in and do mentoring himself when needed, even before he gets the higher position.

Looks pretty promising to me!
        The thing is though, I don't think he was aware that the shifts up for grabs were for us and I don't think the agency were aware that we've just hired him. (I will be telling them though, along with giving a few other names).

One of the other coordinators (who will pick up agency shifts on occasion) is still on their books and showed me what they see when the shifts are up for grabs - it really just shows the time, date and location. That coordinator also worked with him and said that he's really good.

Comment

Working...
        X