Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was playing Animal Crossing and this dog with a mustache visited my island invited me to come to his island. When I did he showed me his photography studio. I checked out the upstairs and the basement and the basement was bare concrete walls and floor, not a stick of furniture. 😮

Nice try, Murder Dog. I'm never coming back to your 'photography studio'.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Just finished "The Six Million Dollar Man" Season 2. Also just finished a stack of Japanese rasslin' shows, with a bunch of early Andre The Giant matches (going back to 1972, when he was young and thinner and could do moves like dropkicks).
      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I've been playing quite a lot of "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" myself

Comment

Almost through Persona 5 Royal. And when I say "almost" I think I probably have another 20-30 hours with 1.5 more story arcs. I thought vanilla P5 was amazing, but P5R is even better.

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          Started up Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4)
          This one is next on my list. I played the demo and got all the Butterfinger DLC and I am so excited we finally got a remake. I've been wanting this for years.

After all that, I have a new book to read: Ruthless Gods, which is the sequel to Wicked Saints. The first book was amazing so I highly recommend it if you like fantasy and magic type stories.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            I was playing Animal Crossing and this dog with a mustache visited my island invited me to come to his island. When I did he showed me his photography studio. I checked out the upstairs and the basement and the basement was bare concrete walls and floor, not a stick of furniture. 😮

Nice try, Murder Dog. I'm never coming back to your 'photography studio'.
            That's probably the best description I've heard of that all day. And I fully agree - I kinda feel like they wanted to justify keeping Harv in there and making use of the amiibos and amiibo cards and didn't fully realise the implications.

In terms of watching, I can now add the new season of Lego Masters Australia to the list. The builds as always are freaking AMAZING and it's also interesting watching the host (Hamish Blake - comedian) just take the typical reality show competition tropes and mock the hell out of them . Two of the contestants (not on the same team) singing "Everything is awesome, everything is cool when you blow it up," was hilarious

Comment

More recently:

Final Fantasy III and IV

XCOM: Chimera Squad (pretty good, especially for ten bucks )
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

So I just watched 12 episodes of Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2045 in two days. I never marathon shows. This is SPECIAL.

And then they go and end it on a cliffhanger?!

Comment

I'm not playing anything new just my usual, Sims 4, American and Euro Truck Simulator. I don't have a Switch so I can't play Animal Crossing but I did download Pocket Camp and really enjoy it. As long as I don't think too much about the unhealthy relationship between myself and the animals. I mean do they need me more than I need them? Doesn't matter, they're so cute I don't care.

As for what I'm watching? Streamers playing any of the same games I play. That pretty much takes up my time at home.
                  I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Frazier and Outer Limits.

Comment

Played a TON of Persona 5 and Pokemon Shield this past week while I was on vacation. (Heading back to work today.) Pokemon Shield is great. Everything I'd expect from the latest gen Pokemon game.

Persona 5 is still fun, but I continue to have issues with many of the plot threads. Basically, all adults are evil. Or at least assholes. There's sexism and homophobia galore. There's implied rape, attempted rape, coercion, and pickup "artistry." The only thing that balances that, for me, is that the female playable characters are fighting back against it all.

My partner and I have also been watching "What We Do in the Shadows" on Hulu. It's a comedy about a group of vampires living in Staten Island being followed around by a documentary crew. It's hilarious.
                      Last edited by Ghel; 04-27-2020, 02:57 PM.
                      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                        So I just watched 12 episodes of Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2045 in two days.
                        I started watching tonight. Hate that style of animation, but the storyline has got me hooked.
                        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                        Save the Ales!
                        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I really enjoyed the story, and I thought the characters were consistent with the earlier seasons. The animation is...bearable.

Comment

The story is definitely pulling me in. The overall feel, at least to me, is following canon.

Do you think that they tried to make Togusa look like Kevin Sorbo?

And, of course, Tachikoma!
                            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                            Save the Ales!
                            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I don't think they tried to, but you're right. It's definitely a side effect

When we learned he was divorced, I was PISSED. But it does seem like an almost inevitable conclusion when he's in that line of work.

Did you see the episode where Batou walks into a bank robbery yet? It's very...sweet.

Comment

I have just finished played Oregon Trail and made it safely(well,it took 8 months and 'Spare Place' died in October in a blizzard and 'The Thing' died in August in the desert. As for our navigator, within sight of a huge bustling fort at the bottom of the hills 8 miles away and we go 5 days travelling on a wrong trail before getting there. I reckon his last assignment was getting some Israelites into Canaan )
                                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                                X