Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who - Bells of Saint John (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
    And that IS cool! You have some of the neatest experiences, Jester.
    Of course I do. To steal an Evel Knievel quote, "Do you know who the hell I am?"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
      And, yes, without any apparent consequences, Clara's being saved feels like a cop out.
      Lots of spoilers, all in white:

While I agree with that, I wonder if she actually is saved or if the 50th will take place entirely within the Doctor's timeline itself. That would easily allow the appearance of John Hurt, David Tennant and Matt without any unnecessary baggage of explanations. Even Rose could appear without needing to be particularly deus ex machina'd. Don't forget, as well as the three Doctors being there, the Great Intelligence in still in there, too, so he could reappear as needed. Setting it in that way would thus also be easy to dredge any villain out of the Doctor's memory, including the Zygons (which we know will be there). Any place could be used, including Gallifrey, without breaking the Time Lock. There are all sorts of possibilities!
      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

As far as episodes go it was ok, not brilliant or terrible. The explanation for Clara .. well I am disappoint..
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Re: The Finale.

First: *shakes fist at the sky* MOFFAAAT!!

Now that's over with, onward--

Now I'm convinced I was right in my "Doctor as a/the monster" theory.

Spoilers--

[Hurt!Doctor did something so monstrous that the Doctor's past selves all refuse to acknowledge he exists. This is either something that predates the First Doctor (and probably ties into the Cartmel Masterplan involving "The Other"-- the third figure in Gallifreyan prehistory that forged Time Lord society, held in the same esteem as Rassilon and Omega) or there was a regeneration between Eighth and Ninth, that fought in the Last Great Time War.

The 50th Anniversary special will probably shed a little more light on Hurt!Doctor and what he did, and it may be that it's due to the Doctor entering his own timestream that we'll get Tenth back through that instead of the half-human Doctor living in Pete's World with Rose.

I'm also sure we'll get the Great Intelligence turning up again down the line. His scattering himself across the Doctor's timestream is a great means of having him turning up to mess with the Doctor's life again and again.
          ]
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

More spoiler-y discussion stuff:

The Great Intelligence may or may not show up again because, another issue with this episode, we don't know what Clara did to save the Doctor. The Great Intelligence may already be defeated.

On Hurt!Doctor, if he's actually the Valeyard, then we know what he did already. He basically betrayed himself.

Other than that, I'm betting he's the one who pulled the trigger on Gallifrey being locked
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
            X