This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back From Surgery

As I may have mentioned, I had to go in for an "open" gallbladder surgery (you know, where they leave you with a massive cut the size of freaking Texas). I'm happy to say that I've been released, and I am now on the mend. It's not been an easy recovery. The pain that this has put me through has been nearly as agonizing as the other bazillion surgeries I've been through.

The hospital staff were excellent, however, and if I ever have to go through another surgery, I'm definitely going back there.

Welcome back! And don't pick up anything over 5 pounds for a while.

[Back when I was still working for Oakleaf one of my coworkers had the open version when the lap was inadequate because of the size of the gallbladder. He was seriously uncomfortable for almost 3 months with anything over a few pounds. It is really hard on the body apparently.]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Oh ow *tenderhug* don't eat anything fatty either..ow that hurt me!
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Hah, I made massive changes to my diet after dealing with it. I don't eat hardly anything anymore, it's like my body is afraid of food. I had my first cereal this morning, and I haven't eaten breakfast in months. I took the dressing off today, and the scar is....HUGE. I mean, I've got big scars from other surgeries, but this one is surprisingly large.

Comment

You have my sympathies, I had my Gall bladder removed by open surgery last August, nice 9 inch scar.If you need any advice on diet( normal eating will return eventually) just PM me and I will try to help.
          "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
          set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

Owies! My ex-husband went through that surgery many years ago. Recovery is no fun. Take it easy on yourself.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
            X