X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest's dog runs away...

...and shows up five counties away!

When the guest in question calls me to get his messages, I have good news for him.

Earlier this week, Guest's beautiful husky ran away. Today, we got a call from the humane society down in Kitsap County...five counties away! That's where his dog turned up! I can't wait for the guest to get back so I can tell him!

Here is a map:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=37...=us&mra=ls&z=8

It's great that his dog was found. It's crazy he was found so far away!
    Last edited by bhskittykatt; 07-22-2011, 11:22 PM.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Holy Hera!!!! How did he make it across the water?!?!?!?? Very happy the dog was found but wow that is a hell of a trip!
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth the guest: "She needed the run." He was very happy to hear she was found! Now to figure out how to get her back up here...
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

More than likely what happened is that someone picked up the dog up North and drove it to Kidnap, I mean Kitsap County. Then once they got to Kitsap county, either turned the dog loose because someone said they couldn't have it or the dog ran off again from them. Check with some of the truck drivers, they might be able to help. Also call the humane society and let them know you need to get the dog back up north and they may have someone going that way. I wish I still lived closer to Kitsap county.

ETA: NOAH in Mt Vernon might have an idea of how to get the dog back up to where you are as well. Ok actually Stanwood... Here is their address and phone number.

31300 Brandstrom Road
        Stanwood, WA 98292
        (360) 629-7055
        Last edited by Shpepper; 07-23-2011, 01:24 AM.

Comment

I've heard those dogs will run and run if they get the chance and they aren't ran often. My sister found a husky quite a distance from his owner's house. She had to drive him back because he was too far for her to walk him back. Her own Malamute gets walked by everyone in the frat house so he doesn't like that.

Comment

Thx for the info Shpepper.

I figure worst-case scenario, Hubs has business down in the metro area this weekend, so if the guest can't make other arrangements by then, Hubby could possibly pick up the dog on his way back up. I think the guest's mom lives in Seattle, though, so I think things will work out just fine.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
              Thx for the info Shpepper.

I figure worst-case scenario, Hubs has business down in the metro area this weekend, so if the guest can't make other arrangements by then, Hubby could possibly pick up the dog on his way back up. I think the guest's mom lives in Seattle, though, so I think things will work out just fine.
              Wonderful. I hate to see things like that happen with people's pets. I would hate it if it happened to my pup. Please let us know when the dog makes it back?

Comment

Quoth emt_cookies View Post
                I've heard those dogs will run and run if they get the chance and they aren't ran often.
                That makes sense; they're bred for long-distance sled pulling, after all.

I'm glad the dog was found, and hope pup and owner are reunited soon.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                X