This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I'm (sometimes) proud of my job.

So one of the most popular CWs at my store lost her brother last Sunday (killed in Iraq). The reaction to this from the rest of the store has been nothing short of stunning.

I've watched a store full of people who usually can't agree on what should be on the breakroom TV band together as one to try to figure out what we might be able to do for her and for her family.

I have never been so proud to work with (and for) the people I do. It's really been amazing to see.

Kudos to all of your coworkers - that is very heartwarming indeed. My deepest sympathies to the lady whose brother was killed in Iraq.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

It makes me so happy to see occasions when people stop being butts and start being hearts. /obscure reference, but it works.
      It washes/chips off some of the ol' patina of cynicism.
      EDIT: no matter how he died, he died a hero to me, because of the call he answered. <-- (feel free to give her a hug from a strange internet girl)
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
      X