This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a job conundrum....(long)

Wow, ive posted alot today i just realized..... So, on to my issues.

Ever since hubby and I figured we would not be able to make a move to Florida this year, ive started applying for new jobs. I hate my current manager and my job duties have transformed my work into a place I just hate to show up to. So ive been applying.

Ive put in over 25 applications with different companies since the beginning of May. Of those 25, about 11 of them were internal company (ie hospital) transfer requests. You still have to interview and stuff for them like normal though. I only got a call back for 3 of them. During the interview for one position, i was told there were almost 100 applicants for one job. So, its not that I suck but there theres an overload in the market right now.

Im grateful to have a job while im job searching, but I still feel the need to break out of my current situation.

So of the 3 positions i interviewed for within my current hospital, I definitely did not receive 2 of the, (got the sorry emails just the other day). Im still waiting to hear back from the last one....the issue is I had one other interview: at the competition hospital across town.

Now this hospital took forever to offer me the job ,but it was clear from the interview that they really liked me. I finally get word that I am offered the job, but i still had my last interview to go to. So I ask them for a week to mull it over, they agree and I go to the other interview. That interview was odd, and for the life of me I just cant gauge how well I did.

I still havent heard from this last interview, but i did call the other hospital and "accept" the job offer. I say "accept" b/c if I do get the offer i am still waiting to hear from, I will rescind my acceptance of Other Hospitals offer. Not that im not grateful, but ive been at this hospital for almost 9 years and it be nice to stay. My friend said it was rude to "lie" to them...I dont feel Im lying but if I didnt accept the other hospitals offer then they wouldve moved on to the next person and i might have been SOL.

So here i am, in a job i hate, looking for one i can hate less....with a job offer from somewhere i dont want to go and hopefully waiting on an offer for a job in which that I have no idea what my chances are of actually getting. /sigh

Employers back out of offers, too, so you shouldn't feel guilty at all. Just be sure that staying at the hospital where you currently work won't lead to the same kind of issues you have currently.

And let us know what happens.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

So, got the call i was waiting for today...I got the job i reallllllly wanted!!! I accepted right away over the phone, but now have to go back to the other job at the other hospital and tell them I will not be taking the job with them after all.

If I stay where i am, will there be problems, yes. But i know that the grass isnt greener on the other side, its just a different shade. Plus, if I leave where i am now, Ill have to pay back some $$ they gave me for my house and i just dont feel like it.

Im going to be an ER nurse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

Comment

Congrats....that's what you want eh? Ever watch Nurse Jackie

lol
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I <3 Nurse Jackie. If i could pull off short hair, i totally would do it like hers.

Comment

Congratulations!!
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I start Sept 4th. So i gotta wait...but at least I know im able to go.

Comment

Congratulations! I'm happy for you!

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                  I still havent heard from this last interview, but i did call the other hospital and "accept" the job offer. I say "accept" b/c if I do get the offer i am still waiting to hear from, I will rescind my acceptance of Other Hospitals offer. Not that im not grateful, but ive been at this hospital for almost 9 years and it be nice to stay. My friend said it was rude to "lie" to them...I dont feel Im lying but if I didnt accept the other hospitals offer then they wouldve moved on to the next person and i might have been SOL.
                  I recently (January) was let go from a position I had for almost 2 years. I found a job almost immediately as a temp to hire in a mail room job. I had also applied for my current position of Night Auditor with a local hotel. When I got home from my first day, I had a message offering me this job. I called the hotel early the next morning and accepted, then immediatele called both the temp agency and the company I was temping with, thanked them for the opportunity, and explained why I was not continuing.

I also had a situation where a person I had trained one night came in and told me he got an interview for a position that he was more familiar with, and wasn't going to "waste my time" just to take another position after I had gone through all the training. He got my for that.

I don't see any problem with how you handled the situation.

SC
                  "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

on the new job!

Job hunting is like waiting for the bus; takes bloody forever, then three show up at once! I'm glad you were able to get the one you really wanted.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Congratulations.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                      X