This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well f**k

So, I came into work Sunday to find the back office computer dead. Could not find operating system. Not good.

So, we shipped it off to Corporate this week, and got a shiny new computer back, except...

They couldn't recover any data from the old one. None. Nada. Zilch. Zero.

Of course, Boss Man never bothers to back anything up. The last backup we did was in January. So all our payroll files, P&L files, personnel files...everything for the year is just gone.

Bonus: we're getting an audit August 2nd!

Yeah, we're f**ked.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

That sounds an interesting time to lose all the files! The auditors will not be impressed and will probably look even harder to trip you up with what they can access.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

What a disaster.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I spent three hours yesterday rebuilding the payroll for the latest pay period. I had to base it off the key logs. Unfortunately, not all the staff are terribly great about remembering to sign them back in, or they'll sign their name and not put the time, so I had to make a lot of educated guesses.

Today, I spent all day (minus time spent cleaning the pool our guests decided to trash) trying to rebuild this month's P&L from the nightly audit reports. I got about 85% done. Not too bad, all things considered...

We're still boned for the audit, though.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I was thinking you could ask everyone to bring in their check stubs, but unfortunately, not everyone keeps them. And that's still a helluva lot of paperwork to go through.

I'm sorry this happened. What a mess! Weird, it seems that everything is for everybody right now.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
          X