This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weddin Reception elp

I am putting together Little Bit's wedding reception. She selected doing a dessert bar for her reception. So far, besides her wedding cake I am making Mint Muddy Buddies, Oreo Balls, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Bombs, Cherry Brownie Bombs, Peanut Butter Truffles, Mint Brownies, Peanut Butter Brownies, Milk Chocolate Brownies, Mine Carrot Cakes and Mini Cheesecakes. Am I forgetting anything?

My invitation??? No....it all sounds great!!

Comment

Never heard of brownie bombs but they sound delish.

If anything, will you please show us pictures of the results?

Comment

Or share the recipes.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Maybe some simple fruit for the folks (and you know there's gonna be at least one) that is 'on a diet' or 'can't eat sweets' or maybe even has diabetes. Apple slices, grapes, strawberries, with maybe some whipped cream and/or caramel to use for dipping.

And yes, recipes please! Brownie bombs sound intriguing.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
            Maybe some simple fruit for the folks (and you know there's gonna be at least one) that is 'on a diet' or 'can't eat sweets' or maybe even has diabetes. Apple slices, grapes, strawberries, with maybe some whipped cream and/or caramel to use for dipping.

And yes, recipes please! Brownie bombs sound intriguing.
            I'd second that. There are some quick and easy fruit and cheese recipes that work great as desserts. Can even use puff pastries to make some tasty ones without too much sugar in them.
            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
              I'd second that. There are some quick and easy fruit and cheese recipes that work great as desserts. Can even use puff pastries to make some tasty ones without too much sugar in them.
              Easiest one on the planet: fruit tatins.

Basically put apples/pears/whatever sliced over a slice of puff pastry, add a little jam or something to glaze if you wish (I've used jam) and then bake.

I'd find out beforehand if any of the guests DO have diabetes or other health issues as well so that you're not too unprepared (I'd imagine that Little Bits would know most of the guests on their side well enough to know this and the partner can always inform you as well) . Allergies might be as simple as placing little placards that state "this dessert contains <nuts, gluten, eggs, dairy etc>" while also providing for them with some gluten/nut/egg/dairy-free desserts if necessary.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I've now decided on what I want my wedding reception to look like.
                How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Where's the chocolate covered strawberries?

Comment

I agree with some fruits or non-sugar added options. As we had some diabetics on our wedding guest list, the pastry chef did a layer (tier?) sweetened with malt.
                    Last edited by taxguykarl; 05-20-2013, 05:45 PM.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

We have already considered gluten free. Her wedding cake is gluten free. I am making a batch of gluten free brownies, gluten free cheesecakes and the peanut butter truffles are gluten free. One of my nieces has celiacs. Z Man's Mom is doing diabetic desserts. I was going to do chocolate covered strawberries Friday Morning

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
                        I am putting together Little Bit's wedding reception. She selected doing a dessert bar for her reception. So far, besides her wedding cake I am making Mint Muddy Buddies, Oreo Balls, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Bombs, Cherry Brownie Bombs, Peanut Butter Truffles, Mint Brownies, Peanut Butter Brownies, Milk Chocolate Brownies, Mine Carrot Cakes and Mini Cheesecakes. Am I forgetting anything?
                        *WAY* too much chocolate. Difficult as it is to believe, there are people out there that just are not all that about chocolate.

How about a lovely fresh fruit platter/'floral' arrangement? Jello for the non-adventurous. Be fun, make jello aquariums with gummi fish and stuff like that.

or my favorite, creamy lemon curd and blueberry goodies -
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

People dont like chocolate??? Ohhhh the horror...the horrorrrrrr. Actually, fruit trayish stuff does sound good

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
                            People dont like chocolate??? Ohhhh the horror...the horrorrrrrr. Actually, fruit trayish stuff does sound good
                            *raises hand*
                            I'm not a big fan of chocolate, mainly due a food allergy that on a good day has me camping in the loo.

Comment

http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Pear-Tarte-Tatin
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                              X