This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agh, cartoon halp please!!!

So I've had this cartoon on my mind now and I cant' figure out what it is.

Roughly the only two scenes I can remember involve a character wearing something that resembled an 1800's version of a butt pad, except it was made from a wire frame. There's a point in the cartoon where said character ends up being tossed in the air and starts bouncing on the butt pad.

This other character starts trying to lasso her and the lasso gets cut off half-way because another character stepped on the rope.

The only other thing I can remember is that the female character resembled Clarabelle Cow or something along those lines...and Goofy (or similar) may or may not have been present.

I could also be way off and it's not a Disney short, it's a Looney Tunes one, but please help.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Sounds like Disney's take on Pecos Bill. His sweetheart's bustle started bouncing, taking her with it, but he missed when he tried to lasso her because his horse (jealous, perhaps?) stepped on the rope.

Do you remember if the cartoon you're searching for also involved the cowboy shooting out all but one of the stars (i.e. making Texas the "Lone Star State"), or the line "he punched out all their fillings, and that's why "There's gold in them thar hills"? Both of those incidents were also in the Pecos Bill cartoon.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Sounds like Disney's take on Pecos Bill. His sweetheart's bustle started bouncing, taking her with it, but he missed when he tried to lasso her because his horse (jealous, perhaps?) stepped on the rope.
      Yes, that's the one!

THANK YOU!

ETA: for some reason, I only ended up seeing the last part. Not sure about the first two. (I found it on Youtube) I think it may have been a release they did for Wonderful World of Disney in Australia around 1998-ish. And yes, the horse was jealous.
      Last edited by fireheart; 05-25-2013, 11:50 AM.

Comment

IIRC, the first time I saw it was in the '70s (and this was in Canada). On Wonderful World of Disney, they tended to broadcast it along with a couple of other shorts - one about a guy who built a sail-powered "prairie schooner", and the other about Casey Jones.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          IIRC, the first time I saw it was in the '70s (and this was in Canada). On Wonderful World of Disney, they tended to broadcast it along with a couple of other shorts - one about a guy who built a sail-powered "prairie schooner", and the other about Casey Jones.
          We got some slightly different arrangements for Wonderful World of Disney down here.

One of my favourites (still to this day) was the Plausible Impossible one.
          The others were the "monster hits" thing and the Duckumentary which was a parody of shows like Sixty Minutes, where Donald Duck hits an all-time low and then recovers.

Comment

Working...
          X