Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To me, my fellow Oncers! For, tonight, we take back the castle!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To me, my fellow Oncers! For, tonight, we take back the castle!

Though I'm sad that the Doctor Who mid-season finale was last night, I'm absolutely happy-dancing excited that season 2 of Once Upon A Time premieres tonight.

From everything I've seen and heard about it so far, it promises to be most awesome.

ETA: Heeeeeeeee! Apparently, there's going to be, before the actual premiere, a new episode/special that explains more about the characters and who they are and about Emma's life before Storybrooke.
    Last edited by firecat88; 09-30-2012, 05:44 PM.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

So....LAST NIGHT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, if the first episode of the season was any indication how the rest of it will go, then this promises to kick some serious ass. I still have a weird love-hate-pity feeling about Regina, Rumple is still awesome (and appears to be just a tiny bit scarier this season O.o), and yay! <3 Snow and Charming.

I ponder a few things, though:

1) That guy from the very beginning of the episode. The one who received the postcard. Who was he? I have my suspicions about who it is, but...

2) Whale's very existence continues to annoy me. However, from his whole 'You're not my prince' line from last night, I've figured out at least one thing. Whoever he is, he's not from Snow and Charming's kingdom.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Just started watching it (season 1). So far I am really liking it.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

So annoyed I missed the preview/recap thing...I turned it on a few minutes before 8 and caught the very end of it. I vaguely remember having seen one commercial for it when I wasn't totally paying attention and totally forgot about it. I'll have to watch it later this week when it's available on OnDemand.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

OUAT is my absolute favorite show on TV right now.

I haven't seen the S2:E1, yet, as we Hulu (so next night for what we watch that they have).

The crew I hang with are such geeks we've got a Shadowrun group based on the show.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
            Though I'm sad that the Doctor Who mid-season finale was last night, I'm absolutely happy-dancing excited that season 2 of Once Upon A Time premieres tonight.

From everything I've seen and heard about it so far, it promises to be most awesome.

ETA: Heeeeeeeee! Apparently, there's going to be, before the actual premiere, a new episode/special that explains more about the characters and who they are and about Emma's life before Storybrooke.
            woot. that means it'll probably be on dvd soon!

Comment

It's up on Netflix if you have it. Just finished watching it. Im still iffy about throwing in random characters and calling them "fairy tale". I.e. Alice in Wonderland, technically Pinocciho, and some of the ones I'm expecting to show up this season. With the introduction of Mulan I am more certain than ever this is a Disney role call (I know, Chineese myth). I'm just waiting for a cocker spaniel named Lady to cruise on through.
              Dr. whale is likely from the Sleeping Beauty universe, since that's what they seem to be focusing on so far.

Comment

i'd rather do dvd to be honest. don't ahve to rely on the nets and can get subtitles when i want them.

Comment

Quoth violiavampyr View Post
                  It's up on Netflix if you have it. Just finished watching it. Im still iffy about throwing in random characters and calling them "fairy tale". I.e. Alice in Wonderland, technically Pinocciho, and some of the ones I'm expecting to show up this season. With the introduction of Mulan I am more certain than ever this is a Disney role call (I know, Chineese myth). I'm just waiting for a cocker spaniel named Lady to cruise on through.
                  Dr. whale is likely from the Sleeping Beauty universe, since that's what they seem to be focusing on so far.
                  In some circles, Alice in Wonderland IS considered to be a fairy tale (as is Peter Pan), so I can see where they're coming from. (Some child's fairytale books market them as such and I have a book somewhere with Peter Pan in it)
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    i'd rather do dvd to be honest. don't ahve to rely on the nets and can get subtitles when i want them.
                    Netflix streaming does subtitles. They're not always the best, but they're passable.

I'm actually fairly impressed with how they've tossed so many different tales in together and made them work as a fairly coherent whole.

Also, I totally didn't get that the stuff from the other world was current until the end of the episode; well done there. But that does make me wonder... who was Aurora's mother? (spoilerish stuff - highlight to read)

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Spoilers---------------//////-------------below--------

Boy! Was I wrong. Dr. Frankenstein. Did not see that one coming. Wow. No. I am not really on board with that one. no. not a fairy tale. Come on TV people, you couldn't find anyone else.
                      Yeah, I know they revealed it in October, but I actually blocked it out. Last week, I looked at my bf and said, I forgot about that. So had he.

I loved Henrys reaction. He was like,"What? That's not a fairy tale. That's not right."
                      Snow and the Prince are hiding something I think. They were very evasive about the fact that Dr. frankenstein is not a fairy tale person.

I'm just counting the days to when Dracula shows up.
                      Oh my, apparently Once Upon a Time is a literary Tommy Westphall universe.

Eta: Crickets dog is Pongo. The dog from 101 Dalmations. :/

Comment

They already established to the viewer that he was Frankenstein, back when they had the episode with Regina having him try to bring her murdered lover back.

^-.-^

Comment

Right, that's why i said they revealed it back in October. I'd just forgotten/blocked it out. It's just such a bizzare direction to go in.

Comment

if you want to get technical... Alice in Wonderland isnt exactly a fairy tale either....
                            Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                            Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                            Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

The show never said that the curse was placed solely upone characters from "Fairy Tales". The beginning of each episode clearly states that the premise of the show is that every fictional character is real in another realm.
                              Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                              X