This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Greenday View Post
    As for personal tastes, I like both some spice smells and I do like wood smells. I definitely enjoy the lumber section of home depot or a woodshop.
    Then 'woody orientals' or 'woody/chypre' would be the things to ask for.

OR you can simply go to a place which has a wide range of scented soaps, and pick up a couple of soaps.

Some suggestions:

Sandalwood
    Almond (or anything else nutty)
    Anything named after a wood or tree
    Consider leathers, though they may be too much on the musky side of chypre/woody. (Yes, leather-smell is categorised under woody. So's musk.)

For the spicey

Clove
    Ginger
    Saffron (might be milder than you want, more 'flower' less 'wood')
    Cinnamon (hey, it's tree bark!)
    Give anything named something like 'oriental spice' or 'indian curry' a sniff. Sometimes silly names cover lovely smell mixes.

It might also be worth trying coffee, chocolate or vanilla soaps or scents.

Soaps can be an inexpensive way of testing the general sort of scent you're after, especially if you buy 'guest soap' or 'trial pack' sizes.
    Once you find one that you like that suits you, taking that to a perfumer can narrow things down considerably. It's like being able to take a photograph of a haircut to a hairdresser, or knowing you like light fruity wines when talking to a sommelier.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
    X