X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well not totally surprised...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...7656/#comments

the story: woman tells manager she needs juice on hand in-case her blood sugar drops. Manager says no. her blood sugar drops , she grabs a juice, drinks it, and when she evens out she pays for it. Manager finds out and fires her. She goes to the people you should go to, sues, wins.

ME: yep sounds about right, not to be fratching but people treat diabetics like they caused it and deserve punishment to often.

personally I've dealt with this stuff before and am happy for this woman.

It wasn't like this came out of the blue, employee told manager this might happen and manager uses policy to say "no". Then when it happens and employee does what they need to do to stay alive manager uses policy to fire employee.

Hopefully this lawsuit gets Dollar General's attention. And I hope the manager got reamed royally for starting all this...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      It wasn't like this came out of the blue, employee told manager this might happen and manager uses policy to say "no". Then when it happens and employee does what they need to do to stay alive manager uses policy to fire employee.
      Not even company policy. From the article:

According to testimony at the trial, the supervisor did not allow employees to do this, although the company has a policy that would allow it for those need.

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      Hopefully this lawsuit gets Dollar General's attention. And I hope the manager got reamed royally for starting all this...
      I would guess that the sup who initially told her not to keep juice with her probably got fired himself. Maybe the DM who fired her as well, although that may be more along the lines of "wishful thinking".
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
      X