Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some interesting ones (not all SCs)...

I work at Arby's drive thru and here are a few adventures...

Case 1 (done over the headsets)

Her: Do you have any snacks, that are, like, healthy?
    Me: ...
    GM: ...
    Her: Wow, that was a really silly question, wasn't it?
    Me: Ummm... Fruit cups ...?
    GM (to me): Nice save.
    Her: Give me 2.

She soon returned them. I side with her... $3.18 for 2 2oz fruit cups with just apples and grapes? Give me a freakin' break. I can buy a POUND of apples for that price.

Case 2 (at the window)

We have PayPass at the window. A 40something guy pulls out a $20 and SWIPES IT BY THE READER.

Him (staring at me blankly, being serious): Is that how it works?
    Me (struggling to maintain composure): No, special cards cards only...
    After the window closes I crack.
    GM: What happened?
    Me: You remember that thing about the PayPass I predicted? IT JUST HAPPENED.

We had to excuse ourselves briefly.

Case 3 (at window)

We were collecting $1 donations for Big Brothers/Big Sisters and the 20ish guy in the Escalade declines donating.

Me: That's $3.96, please.
    Him (anding a $100): Sorry, it's the smallest I have.
    Me: Here is your change...
    Him: Oh, you can put the coins in for the collection.
    Me (with all the sincerity I can muster): Oh, thank you for your generosity...

As he takes his cash, I notice some irony... he was wearing a WWJD? bracelet.

Nothing really bad, but it made things interesting.
    Case 1
    8.77%
    Case 2
    80.70%
    Case 3
    10.53%
    This is like my expression when faced with a SC...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...used-small.gif

I vote 2, because 3 was more depressing than funny. Jerkface.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

the bracelet gets #3 my vote, but just because he only has $100s doesn't mean he's rich

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
        the bracelet gets #3 my vote, but just because he only has $100s doesn't mean he's rich
        True, but he is driving a 50K lux SUV.

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
          Yep, I've got a $100 in my wallet right now. It's payday, I get paid in cash. I took most of it to the bank but kept the $100 because I owe my brother in law $100.

edit: I voted for number 1 because it reminded me of the this exchange, overheard in a steakhouse some years ago:

"Do you have anything suitable for vegetarians?"
          "Umm..... the vegetables?"

Comment

Case 2 guy could still have made a purchase. For the swiping of money, you should have let him just smell the food
            Total surrender
            Your touch is so tender
            Your skin is like water on a burning beach
            And it brings me relief
            "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
              True, but he is driving a 50K lux SUV.
              I missed that part

and escalades start at $55k

Comment

i say #2 as well,

i have a few arby's stories my self. it was my first (real) job when i was in high school

we had a few mix ups with the au jus sauce, a customer would occasionally come up with the my coffee tastes like soup, or my au jus tastes like coffee. i had to remind my self and others to smell the decaf container before we pour (since we kept them in the same looking carafe.

this one is just gross.

i guess it was the time of year for dissections, as i hear one of my co workers scream in fright, i guess one of the customers had left a skinned cat head on the drive thru window sill
                "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Gotta go with #2, but I'm a total technophile, so anything with people experiencing Epic Fail with electronics automatically gets my vote.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth penguingeekgod View Post
                    Me: That's $3.96, please.
                    Him (anding a $100): Sorry, it's the smallest I have.
                    Aw, hell no. Nobody should expect a fast food place to accept anything over a $20.

Quoth queenbb View Post
                    i guess it was the time of year for dissections, as i hear one of my co workers scream in fright, i guess one of the customers had left a skinned cat head on the drive thru window sill
                    That's reprehensable! I would have so gotten the plate on that car and called police. They really don't look fondly on animal cruelty.

Oh, and #2 is definitely the most amusing. #1 is silly, and #3 is just a twat.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Number 1 for me because I'm always asked that. It's as silly in a convenience store as it is in a fast food restaurant.

As for number 3, you don't know what they've already donated or to whom. Just because someone appears to own an expensive vehicle doesn't mean they're obligated to stick a dollar in every jar they come across. Many people have regular donations they make on a regular basis. We do. And you have to worry about fraud so much that I never donate to something I have no information on first.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                      ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

That's reprehensable! I would have so gotten the plate on that car and called police. They really don't look fondly on animal cruelty.

^-.-^
                        i agree, i cant even watch the animal cops on animal planet cause it makes me so sickened. the manager did call the police btw. i dont remember if they left it before or after they got their food. i do remember saying i would have refused service if they were there. so she might not have been able to get a plate or some one just sneaked up and put it there.
                        "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Working...
                        X