This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the SCs who should know better

I'll do my shorter one first, then save the longer one for later.
    this happens at least once a week
    me- you can guess
    ta- travel agent that should find a new line of work

ta- "I need to cancel this reservation, confirmation number 6xxxxxxx"
    me- "ok, let me bring that up real quick"
    pull up confirmation
    me- "ok, I have that reservation on my screen, it does look like it is past the cancellation deadline, if I do cancel there will be a one night penalty billed to the card that is used to hold the room, would you still like me to cancel"
    ta- "yes, but there will be no cancellation penalty"
    me- "i'm sorry ma'am, that is company policy, the only time we can waive the penalty is for extraordinary circumstances, changing you're mind at the last minute is not considered an extraordinary circumstance"
    ta- "well, it should be waived because no one told me when the deadline was"
    me- "it says on the reservation that it was booked on your gds system, that system should have told you when the deadline was"
    ta- "well, how the hell am I supposed to be able to figure out the deadline on the gds system"
    me- *stunned silence* then "i show that an email was also sent out to you, and those very specifically state the cancellation deadline, there is nothing I can do, you can either cancel and pay, or not cancel and stay, no other options are available right now"

next, could turn into a war story if I had a direct extension people could reach me at...
    ta- "i made a terrible mistake, I canceled a hotel room, I meant to cancel a flight"
    me- "ok, do you have the original confirmation number"
    ta- "yes, it is 6xxxxxxx"
    me-"ok, i see that as having originally been for arriving monday the 5th of november staying 1 night, i am sold out that night, but if you'd like to hold I can talk to my supervisor about getting that reinstated"
    ta- "no, that's not correct, it was reserved for 5 nights, I know I put in 5 nights on my (insert name of gds software)"
    me- "i'm sorry sir, but the reservation was only made for the 5th, I can talk to my manager to reinstate the 5th, but I know he won't ok 5 nights, I've already oversold for all of them, the best I can do is find the nearest Holiday Inn with availability still"
    ta- "that is not acceptable, I've already checked, the nearest one is 12 miles away, I need that location, how do you expect me to tell the guest that he isn't at the hotel he reserved"
    me- "I can't help on that, I've given you the options available to us, I can either see about reinstating the one night or finding a room at another holiday inn."
    ta- "I don't care what you have to do, get a me a room at your hotel for those 5 nights, you're already oversold, just oversell yourself one more room"
    me- "our limit to oversell is 5 rooms, and they must be made at least a week in advance, I am already at 5 rooms oversold each night and it is not a week in advance, sir there is no way I can get you a room here"
    ta- "well, this is just poor customer service, you should hold rooms aside for travel agents, we do send you the most business"
    me- "actually sir, the majority of our business is from people reserving online, approximately 2/3 of our business to be precise, that aside, even if you were one of the biggest VIPs in the company, I don't have anything available"
    ta- "well, make something available"
    me- "ok, give me about an hour, I should have a quote from a contractor on how much it will cost you to build a room by then, but on this short of notice your guest may have to stay in an unfinished room"
    ta- "that is very unprofessional, I demand to speak with a superviser"
    me- very honestly "i'm sorry, my supervisor isn't here right now, only supervisor is the front desk supervisor, I can't transfer out of my department, to reach the front desk supervisor you will have to call back and ask the operator for the manager on duty"
    ta- "no, if you are at the hotel you can transfer"
    ok, i'm not at the hotel, but even if I was, many of our hotels really do only allow the operator and front desk to transfer to prevent the switchboards from overloading, so I tell him...
    me- "i'm sorry, but due to switchboard limitations the only people able to make transfers are the front desk and the operator"
    ta- "fine, i can tell you just don't want to help me, maybe my guest will ok me using someone other than you, because it's obvious you don't want our business"

ok, wtf, it's not as if i had rooms and refused to book him, i was SOLD OUT, i have no choice but to turn people away... grr, you'd think that travel agents would know better.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

I love how the travel agent is blaming YOU for his mistake. Especially since he can't even book the proper amount of nights for his vacation! What a blowhard! You really didn't want to help him, let's just be honest. HAHAHAHAHA!

PJ
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post
      I love how the travel agent is blaming YOU for his mistake. Especially since he can't even book the proper amount of nights for his vacation! What a blowhard! You really didn't want to help him, let's just be honest. HAHAHAHAHA!

PJ
      no it's worse, he was calling for a reservation for his client, not himself... and no i really didn't want to help him... mainly because even if i did, i couldn't have

Comment

I'm not sure which MOD it is, but one of them has in their signature that you should never suggest, or hint at, making a story a War Story in thread. Just so you know.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          I'm not sure which MOD it is, but one of them has in their signature that you should never suggest, or hint at, making a story a War Story in thread. Just so you know.
          That's Spiffy. And I don't think he was actually suggesting to make it a war story, just saying that it would have escalated, assuming the person could have actually ever called back specifically, but with no direct extension, the story can't continue.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            yeah, what broomjockey said, I was in no way trying to indicate that this was a war story, just that I thought the SC had the potential to turn into one if he had the ability to... I know that I don't have any war stories, I've lucked out on that one so far.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              ta- "no, that's not correct, it was reserved for 5 nights, I know I put in 5 nights on
              ta KNOWS this 'cause he never makes mistakes..........

ta- "i made a terrible mistake, I canceled a hotel room, I meant to cancel a flight"
              oops. Guess he does How in the world do you mix these two up?

ta- "fine, i can tell you just don't want to help me, maybe my guest will ok me using someone other than you, because ...."
              I'm sure the client will be fine with that as my guess is that the ta is going to trash talk your hotel to cover up his mistake anyway....

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              I don't think he was actually suggesting to make it a war story, just saying that it would have escalated,
              Yeah that's what I got too: war story, not War Story™

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                ta KNOWS this 'cause he never makes mistakes..........

oops. Guess he does How in the world do you mix these two up?

my guess is that he probably never cancelled the flight... i think he made that story up to cover the fact that he didn't reserve the right nights, and was hoping that by telling us that it was originally for 5 nights that we would believe him and "reinstate" the reservation the way that he would have liked to have had it originally made for. But that's my best guess... I just thank God that I move between phones so I don't have a direct extension (well, that's not entirely true... there is an auto-extension finder if you know the person's employee number... but i will never tell the guest that, that aside, if I'm not on a call, I'm filling out paperwork because of the last call i was on... most of the time)

Comment

Sounds like that second travel agent went to the same college as many of the insurance agents that we have to deal with at work. They too tend to get rather snotty if you do not give them the answer that they want to hear.
                  "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                  ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Cripes. I'm not a travel agent, just a secretary, and I've never screwed up my boss' reservations, and he used to travel a lot. (often enough to get the Companion Pass from Southwest)

It amazes me how often people manage to fail to even try to double-check what they're doing with reservations and travel arrangements.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

It amazes me how often people manage to fail to even try to double-check what they're doing with reservations and travel arrangements.

^-.-^
                      I'm not... you'd be surprised how often I'll finish someones reservation, then after I've gotten everything done they ask "oh yeah, who did I call again"... umm, I only told you twice during the call at least. Even when I don't answer the phone with the hotel name, often times I can get away with just answering "reservation desk"... but I always ask if it there first time staying with us.. if they say yes i'll say "let me be the first to welcome you to (insert name of hotel they called)" or if they say no, they've stayed before i say "let me be the first one to welcome you back to the (insert name of hotel they called)"... then when I confirm there reservation before getting their credit card I'll do my confirmation like this "I have you staying here, the (insert name of hotel) at (insert address), arriving on (insert date) staying (insert number of nights) in a (insert room type) at the rate of (insert rate), was this all correct" they say yes, then I ask for the card to hold the room... without fail at least once a day people will after the reservation is made, do the oh no, i'm at the wrong place... morons.

Comment

I know that I don't have any war stories, I've lucked out on that one so far.
                        Okay, I was just making sure. I interpreted it as you were attempting to hint at a War Story. My bad. (Ugh... I hate that that was the first phrase to pop into my head...)
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Just to clarify the issue, if you do think something belongs in War Stories, PM a moderator.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                          X