This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for annoying me...

ok. Yesterday a woman comes to the lottery machine, there's two guys who come up to the register. I tell the woman "One moment"and begin helping the men. First guy gets some gas via prepay. Second guy gets a pack of marlboro's. Pays with a $5 bill, get's his $0.15 change. I go help the woman.

This guy stars SLAMMING his cigarettes on the counter... I figure he's just packing them. TOns of people do this on thier hands. This guy just keeps doing it as I'm trying to hear this woman tell me her lottery numbers.

I finally turn to him and say (paraphrasing) "Pardon me sir, I'm really having a hard time hearing this woman with you doing that. Could you please stop"

I turn back and he starts slamming them again and leaves.

He comes in 10 minutes later and asks for my name. More than likely he called corporate (which would be the wrong corporate cause we're a licesenee of 2 different names for our store) to complain at a clerk who was just doing his job.

And if he was trying to get my attention... he was barking up the wrong tree.

...what was he trying to do? I think he was trying to break his cigs!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      ...what was he trying to do? I think he was trying to break his cigs!
      I think you could be right about that, EQ. This might be a little since you just reminded me of this. Back when I was in middle school, there was this kid in my class who was like a brunette Dudley Dursley. There was a wooded area right by our school's softball field and not far from it was the Texaco gas station. The kid would always go there to buy an Airhead. He did this trick where it would balloon up and act like the cashier sold him a bad one and get the new one for free.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Honestly I think he was waiting for me to give him a pack of matches.

Which my store doesn't do for liability reasons.

Comment

Quoth Namrepus221 View Post

Weird, whenever i buy cigarettes around here they always offer me matches.
          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Can I ask why?

Comment

Anytime I bought cigarettes (I don't anymore! No smoking for little Evil Queens!) no one ever offered me matches. I didn't think it was a normal thing to offer, so I don't blame you for not doing so.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

According to my boss

Our company sees free matches as a liability.

Some nut job comes into our store. Get's a pack of matches and torches a building, the police/fire department finds the match book with our logo on teh package. We get sued cause we furnished the tools for the arson.

Given how messed up this legal system is in this country... I see why they do it.

Comment

Also, matches in a gas station ? With the hordes of dumbasses at large, I wouldn't take the risk.
                  "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                    Also, matches in a gas station ? With the hordes of dumbasses at large, I wouldn't take the risk.
                    You think thats odd, we sell booze in ours!
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Enticement to DUI. The world once again stopped making sense.
                      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                        we sell booze in ours!
                        At first I read this as "boobs".

Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          At first I read this as "boobs".

I literally had to cover my mouth with both hands to keep from bursting out loud (can't be noisy in the business office.....).

"Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                          X