This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Tales

I seem to be getting more and more SC's as of late.....

So my store had a sale on mattresses the other week. As most sales this sale was on for one week. Yesterday was the final day of the sale.

Lets set the stage for this one.....

We are sold out of mattresses on the floor. We have some buried on our dock but we cannot access them until the store is closed since we have nowhere to move the stock on the dock. It is 2 minutes before closing......

Me: >.<
    SC: You Know Who

SC: Hey where are your mattresses?
    ME: *looks up from his bike building* Huh? O we are sold out on the floor. If you need one I can pull it out of the dock in about a half hour when we manage to clear the store of customers.
    SC: Half an hour!? I cant wait that long, I have a borrowed truck!
    Me: Well its either that or come back tomorrow when they aren't on sale.
    SC: Well can I buy it today and pick it up tomorrow?
    Me: Possibly, I cant authorize that. Judging from the past when this question is asked you have about a 50/50 shot on that one though.
    SC: How about you set one aside and I can get it at the sale price tomorrow.
    Me: Well I cant authorize that either. And I would guess you have a 0% shot on that one though.
    SC: Can you come up to the front and ask a supervisor? They would listen to you.
    Me: Erm, no sorry. I gotta go start clearing the dock, since I have 2 other people waiting for me to bring them upfront.
    SC: What use are you! *storms off*

*shrugs and start clearing the dock*

Yes, expect me to be 100% sympathetic and argue your *case* when its 2 minutes before closing on the last day of the sale. I'll get right on that.

Onto the second story......

We have a flowers area that is not owned by my store. It is a separate company. This company handles their own orders BUT they store their special orders in the milk cooler. We have to move these racks to access our milk which is no problem. Apparently customers have decided to walk into our employees area and snag flowers from the special order racks we have pushed out. We had recently gotten an email about this from the head honcho saying that we have to keep the racks inside the cooler when we do the milk. Since the laws of physics state we cannoot have two things occupy the same space, we just keep an extra eye on the flowers.

Anywho...

Me: Cold in the cooler
    SC: Hot for flowers

Me:*humming to music on his ipod and noticing a lady looking at the flowers*
    Me: Hey! Ma'am! Employees only, you cant be back here!
    SC: But Im' just looking at the flowers.
    Me: If you need to look at flowers please go to the flower set up on the floor. Someone can assist you there.
    SC: But I have an order, can you check if its in there?*gestures at the inside of the milk cooler at a rack at the back that would take about 5-10 minutes to get to and mess up my milk rotation*
    Me: Regardless if they are yours I can let you have them from here. Someone from the *[Flower Company] who handles the special orders needs to come and get it.
    SC: Cant you just look?
    Me: It doesn't matter if I look or not because I cant let you take anything from here. Did you get a call about your order?
    SC: No.
    Me: Then I doubt they are yours. Please get out of the employees only area now please.
    SC: HUMPH!

Ugh I sound a little mean in these stories but I seriously have no patience for people who ignore either common sense or SIGNS and BARRIERS and then expect us to either take their side or bend over backwards for them.

/endrant
    Last edited by Department stores *sigh*; 06-10-2008, 05:38 AM.
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

I don't think you sound mean at all. I think you were being perfectly reasonable. Back when I worked in Bakery, I had people coming into the employee only areas all the time. I was constantly kicking people out.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I have gotten that a few times... when I worked at National Car Rental I was shocked every time I'd be in the back lot and see someone pull into the service area trying to return their car... don't bother that all the signs to that area said either "to car rental employee parking" or "authorized persons only on this lot"... and the customers who would knock on the back door of the Emerald Club booth rather than going to the front windows. Haven't had any of the you don't belong here moments at my jobs sense then though.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
      X