This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does "not in use" mean?

We ran out of ethanol. So we took the price off the board and put "pump not in use" signs on all the ethanol pumps. Even then, I spent my whole shift answering the following questions again and again:

What does "not in use" mean?
    Is there any ethanol?
    Did the ethanol run out?
    Why is the ethanol price not on the board?
    Is ethanol free?
    Why doesn't the pump work?
    Where's the toilet?

(OK the last one's not a stupid question, but I did get asked it a lot today)

Um, is "not in use" your local English dialect's way of saying "out of order"?

To me "not in use" means "hey, it's NOT in use ... so, line up here!"
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
      Um, is "not in use" your local English dialect's way of saying "out of order"?

To me "not in use" means "hey, it's NOT in use ... so, line up here!"
      Around here "out of order" and "not in use" both mean something's unusable. Out of order means it's broken, not in use doesn't imply a reason.

Comment

"Not In Use" = "Demand Manager To Get Free Stuff"
        Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
          Around here "out of order" and "not in use" both mean something's unusable. Out of order means it's broken, not in use doesn't imply a reason.
          Oh, ok, thanks.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Right now there are signs that says "All Plants 50% off regular price" all over my greenhouse area.

Since they went up I have been answering the following questions.

Are the trees on sale?
            Are the roses on sale?
            Are the shrubs on sale?
            Are the tomatos on sale?
            Are the flowers on sale?
            Is this plant on sale? What about this one?

And the winner; I didn't know if the shrubs & trees were plants.
            Last edited by Dark Psion; 06-10-2008, 12:35 AM.
            "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
              Is ethanol free?
              Holy shit, you moron. How did you make it here without dying/inadvertently killing someone?
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Regarding the above 50% off plants note, what about people asking if the 50% discount was off the clearance sticker or the regular price. Trust me, we'll mark it if it's an additional 50% off the sales price. And stop with the catbutt face when you don't get your way.

No really, stop it.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Still no ethanol today! (apparently there was a fire at the depot) So in addition to the above, somebody asked: "When are y'all getting the good stuff again?" I think maybe he was drinking it.

Comment

Working...
                  X