This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nose, face, spiting, etc....

So lately the edict from Corporate On High is that we have to "increase the value of our technical services" which when translated from corporatese to English means "we've been giving too many free installs, so stoppit". As such, we also have to make sure that people are being charged for service calls when it applies (not every call is a charge, but the ones that are were getting waived waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much).

Of course it's created another opportunity for SCs to whine, cry, and pout when faced with the concept of having to pay for a service rendered.

Some background: to send out a tech it costs the company close to $90. We have to fill the vans with gas, maintain them, and have union technicians come to the house to diagnose and fix your problem. We only charge $24.95 for this. Most of our competitors charge $99 any time they send someone to your door, no matter what.

So now we have SCs call in when they get charged for service calls and instead of getting them waived when they tantrum on us, they now have to actually *pay* .

The usual SC response? "If you don't waive this, I'm going to cancel my service () and go to *competitor!" But Sir/Ma'am/Hosebeast, I say, *competitor* would have charged you four times as much as we did if they came out to do the service we did for you.....

"BUUUUUUUUUUT IT'S THE PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINCIPLEEEEEEEEE"

Now I truly understand the wish for someone to die in a fire...........
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Let them go. Frankly, it's about time that businesses stopped trying so hard to retain customers. Through these retention efforts, they've created monsters.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
      "BUUUUUUUUUUT IT'S THE PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINCIPLEEEEEEEEE"

Urge... to... kill... rising...!!!
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
        Let them go. Frankly, it's about time that businesses stopped trying so hard to retain customers. Through these retention efforts, they've created monsters.
        so very true, and a lot of times the retention is harming the business financially

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
          I blame Walmart. Honestly, I do. They created the trend of total SC satisfaction, and everyone had to follow suit to stay in business (remain competitive).

I've often thought house calls or whatever they're called were retardedly expensive, but now that you mention why, it seems pretty reasonable to charge for it.

And yeah, it really gets my blood boiling when I have to pay my hard earned money (I hate that phrase. Way too cliched) for services I requested and others rendered! What's this crappy world coming to!?
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Working...
          X