X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Amina516 View Post
    DH:Sexiest Man alive
    But I don't remember any of this happening to me.

"We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
      I just have to say that I love that you added this bit.
      It's a common thing for me when someone tells me how long they've waited or how much of something to add, "Oh wow, you waited a WHOLE 10 minutes!?"
      Bonus points if your phone system tells exactly how long they've been holding and they lie about it.

I once had some whiner say he was on hold for 20 minutes. I checked and it was 6. I actually said 'I'd best report that to our phone department then, because I show it was six minutes. Now, how can I help you?'
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        I would've just transferred them through without saying another word. I have no patience for people like those SC's.
        That can actually turn around and bite you. Especially when incorrect transfers are tracked.
        I am on the project team that does that. If we catch you, it gets reported to your boss. That helps prevent agents from just dropping problem customers on to other agents.
        I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
        -The Amazing E
        Zonies social group now open!

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
          Any aggravation caused to those people wouldn't be unnecessary.

But the problem is, if you transfer them elsewhere and they call back it causes a coworker to bear the brunt of their anger... As much as I hate some of my coworkers I wouldn't want to add to their workload and stress because I just wanted to dump a customer to a different department.
          "You get what anyone gets... You get a lifetime" Death

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
            Bonus points if your phone system tells exactly how long they've been holding and they lie about it.
            You know, this is handy, and it would be even better if it actually told the customers for how long they've been waiting, rather than give an ETA of call being picked up. Because those ETAs are like file transfer estimated time : you've been on the phone for two minutes, the automated system telling you you might be waiting for another 4 minutes, 30 seconds later, it goes up to 7 minutes, then back down to 5.

And, unless your phone displays duration of the call while still being on the line, or you made a point of keeping track of time, it seems it took forever, even longer than if the automated system kept saying "Thanks for calling X. Our all reps are busy. Please wait, your call will be picked up soon".

Seriously, those systems drive me nuts because, while it's meant to "enhance customer experience", it provides no useful information since it's highly inaccurate and ununderstandably changing.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
              You know, this is handy, and it would be even better if it actually told the customers for how long they've been waiting, rather than give an ETA of call being picked up. Because those ETAs are like file transfer estimated time : you've been on the phone for two minutes, the automated system telling you you might be waiting for another 4 minutes, 30 seconds later, it goes up to 7 minutes, then back down to 5. .
              oh I just love how they just pull numbers out of their ass for those... my favorite was "thank you for holding, all agents are busy, calls will be answered in the order they are received, the estimated hold time is 3 min... *ring* 'hello'" wow, those 3 minutes went awfully quick.
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
              X