Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You dare blame ME for your foolishness???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth sportsmom View Post
    I also went to high school with a guy named Shannon.
    Shannon is an old Irish man's name. It's the name of a river that flows through ireland. In fact it didn't become a girls name until the sixties.

Also, lots of common names started out as guys names back in the day and later became common for girls. Shannon, Leslie, Courtney, Ashley, Lynn, Dana, Hilary, Dale, Robin, Stacy, etc. All these names were originally boys names.
    Last edited by ThePhoneGoddess; 10-08-2007, 05:38 AM.
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
      Also, lots of common names started out as guys names back in the day and later became common for girls.
      That's right! Come on guys! It's time to even the playing field! Take back some names for us! I'm gonna name my son Pricilla! Who's with me!?
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        That's right! Come on guys! It's time to even the playing field! Take back some names for us! I'm gonna name my son Pricilla! Who's with me!?
        Wasn't it in the early 70's that there was a "Boy Named Sue"?
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
          Way back in middle school, there was a pair of fraternal twins named Michael and Michael, only the sister's name was pronounced Michele. The parents were just dumb rednecks who didn't know how to spell and thought it would be cute.

There's also a girl that comes into the shop occasionally named Michael (pronounced the traditional way) who's always surprised that I know her name.
          Well, in French the name Michael is pronouced the way we pronouce Michelle. I wonder how many times the French guy that works with the manager has called in asking for "Michelle" and gotten turned away by the receptionist. She's a nice girl, but sometimes she's just not the brightest. Depressingly, she's about 10 times better than the one two before her. (the one just before her now works in sales)

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If my parents named my Anthony I would call myself Toni. Problem solved.
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth hawkchick11 View Post
              My son's middle name is Lynn.. and both of his grandpa's middle names are too
              my fathers name is also thats why he fought so hard againist me becoming a JR
              then they named me Lemuel (imagine middle school with that name)

Comment

me again my mom use to work with a lady named richard
                i wish there was a thread for poorly given names my mom is a nurse at a Neonatal intensive care unit (NIC-U) and she is always telling me stories

Comment

Hmm. With my employeer, they have a clause in my work contract, that applies to pretty much everyone in my shop.
                  No phone, no job.
                  They dont mention how much time they give you to remedie the situation. But a coworker went without a phone for i think 3 days, and he was damn lucky to not get fired.
                  Ive broken two phones, and replaced them the same day to prevent that kind of trouble.
                  Im sure there is a work around for it. but it still sucks
                  http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                  Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Quoth sportsmom View Post
                    I have a male cousin named Dana and a friend with a teenage daughter named Kyle.
                    Until fairly recently, the only two Kyle's I had met were both females. Most people around here used to think it fairly odd to have boys named Kyle, but now boy-Kyles are popping up quite a bit. Regional oddity, maybe.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

My parents' old landlord was a woman named Douglas Adam Roy. Her parents wanted a boy so....

Comment

I went to middle school with a kid named Wheeler. Yep, as his first name. Last name was Stanley. I'm not even going to try to explain that one to myself.

Lindsey also used to be a man's name, now it is a woman's name. Also, I've done some work with various international students, and some of them choose to take an American-ized name if they come here early enough, like my friend Andy. I did work with this one girl though, and I wished she would take an Americanized name because I would get really funny looks every time I said her name. It is spelled Ruiping, but pronounced "ray-ping". Yeah. I don't think she knew, or if she did, she didn't care. Really sweet girl though.
                        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                        The Office

Comment

Working...
                        X