Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I caught a bogus credit card today (kinda longish)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay, I caught one today also

the guest called, I asked him for a card to hold his room, he told me 45xxxxxxxx, and yes, I put in the exact right number of x's... he tried to pass of a 10 digit number, then when I asked him what type of card it was he said it was a discover... which isn't right because all cards with a 4 are visa...
    come on people, if you are going to try to use a bogus card number at least make it the right number of digits...
    anyway I at him
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
      DH is a retired Postal Carrier. He once delivered a coconut! Hey, it had the proper postage on it!
      Postal Experiments
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 10-28-2007, 08:37 PM.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
        But what do you do since the receipt is already printed up and they're ready to go...?
        At my store they teach us to play stupid an lie, telling the customer that the register crashed half way through the transaction and we just need a manager's key to get it running again. Then we call the LP line and tell them we have a code ## at register ## and need them to come over for their "keys". LP knows that's our little code, so since we always hold onto the cards anyway we just hand over the card and receipt to LP and they deal with it.

Comment

Ah, the joys of working with credit card security. I have to know all this crap.

The first 6 numbers of any credit card is the BIN (Bank Identification Number). It's like a routing number for a checking account, it identifies which financial institution issued the card. The next digits are the individual account number, and the final digit is a validity check code.

Amex always has 15 digits. Diner's club's only have 14 digits. Visa/MC always have 16 digits.

"credit card" and "charge card" actually mean two different things. A credit card is a revolving line of credit that keeps going as long as the minimum balance is paid every month. A charge card has no minimum balance---the balance is expected in full each month. Visas and mastercards are credit cards; most Amexes (although not all) are charge cards.

In 1914 Western Union offerd consumers the very first charge card.
          Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

5076 9300 are the beginning of Oregon Food Stamps.

I find it sad that I know that by heart by the sheer amount of people who break off the stripes and too damn lazy to get a new one.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              5076 9300 are the beginning of Oregon Food Stamps.

I find it sad that I know that by heart by the sheer amount of people who break off the stripes and too damn lazy to get a new one.
              The stripes on the Maryland ones must be utter crap, because we have to type them in all the time as well. I'm kind of having a brain death at the moment, though, because I can't remember the first 8 digits. I think it's 6044 2892?

Comment

Kentucky food stamp cards are no better. Don'tcha just love seeing your tax dollars at work? There's not enough to make good food stamp cards but there is always PLENTY to give themselves a big raise every year!

Comment

Working...
                X