This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
    No kidding. You'd think this day and age, companies would arm their security guards with shotguns and chainsaws.

You know what bothers me the most about that fashion disaster? The lace skirt. It's like the icing on the cake. The most foul and vile cake imaginable. The Hairy Cake.
    And to shoot for the head, damnit. Teach your officers to shoot for the head!

I was wondering if anyone else would notice the fairly obvious mannequin crotch in the camo picture.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      I was wondering if anyone else would notice the fairly obvious mannequin crotch in the camo picture.
      No, but after you mentioned it I had to go back and look

It's actually a little creepy, considering there's no visible torso, yet the lower half is intact....
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post

Sadly, so. I almost wondered what kind of crevace a 2XL would make, and then stopped myself before the bleeding began.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
          I….don't think I want that. Please put it back in your pants.
          I've said that more often than you'd think.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

So you can't afford the $170 Timex so you're going for the $725 Timex as well?
            There's a $750.00 Timex?
            Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

There are some nice digital models you can get that are within your price range and all they require is turning the crank on a vending machine.
              But, I'm disabled!! I can't do that!

I saw one of those mini-infomercial commercials for some item that you could get for "two easy payments of $19.95"...my thinking is, if you can't afford to drop 40 bucks in one shot, perhaps said item is not a necessity and you should be taking a closer look at your priorities...
              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM. Reason: to promote board harmony
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                Heh, I'm pretty sure I know what this is about. Though I'll admit, I was a little surprised to see that "Gravekeeper" was not, in fact, the name on his birth certificate.
                I know. It's like learning John Wayne isn't the real name of the actor! *crushed*
                Oh well, at least I know GK and I have something in common besides both being Canadian.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                  There's a $750.00 Timex?
                  That's what I was thinking. If you're going to drop big money on a watch, it'd better have a big name, like Rolex.

For heaven's sake, you can get a decent watch at Walmart for $9.99! Why do you want to muck about with payments?!
                  Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                  ive heard the 'can just pay 20 bucks a month' thing before, though its usually by people you know are going to get item and run for the hills...
                  Ah, yes, that would explain it...
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

you know some of us have wide hips and wear large sizes like 4x and 3x

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post

Or the fairly obvious Photoshop clone brush-a-mabob used to get rid of said mannequin (Notice the camo pattern on the left of the inside of the shirt, how the patterns repeat and on the right look blurry) H ell it looks like they used a translucent brush and just slopped some crappy pattern down.

Comment

That last one reminds me of those new commercials going around from that anti-scam site. My favorite being the "419" one.
                        Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                          Google Rocket Powered Chainsaw...
                          ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                            you know some of us have wide hips and wear large sizes like 4x and 3x
                            but do you wear skin-tight pink camo with and matching miniskirts?
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

This is the object in question:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6379/pinkcamodz5.jpg

Of course, thats a small or medium. We do not keep visual representations of 2XL on file for the safety of all involved.
                              This ought to come with a barcode stamped across the butt. Great googly moogly. Are you telling me this is available in 2X? Egads.

By the way,

"Is this relevant to the plot or are you playing the sympathy card? Make sure you tap 3 White Mana."

I think I ruptured somthing in my nose when I read this.

Comment

Just a reminder that, yes, there is a reason that 2XL clothes are being made. Let's keep things on-task, please.

( The person in front of me shut her down instantly too. Considering he overheard the entire exchange with me. You'd think you'd at least move to someone that wasn't in ear shot. =p )
                                That reminds me of a story that my roommate told me. She was pulling up to a 4-way stop, when a young woman stepped off the curb, waved to a car that was stopped, and tried to get in the passenger's side. The doors were locked. she couldn't get in

So what does this woman do? She waves towards my roommates car, walks towards the passenger's side door, and tries to open it.

My roommate drove off.
                                I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
                                X