Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, I'd wear that shirt. Well, not in pink. You got it in blue camo? I'm a medium. And my birthday is coming up soon.

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
    That reminds me of a story that my roommate told me. She was pulling up to a 4-way stop, when a young woman stepped off the curb, waved to a car that was stopped, and tried to get in the passenger's side. The doors were locked. she couldn't get in

So what does this woman do? She waves towards my roommates car, walks towards the passenger's side door, and tries to open it.

My roommate drove off.

This is why I always lock my car doors. My friends laugh at me, but I've had random people on curbs try to get my attention.

Comment

We have it in pink, green and grey I think. No blue on that item though. -.-

That company actually does have a lot of nice clothes. Its just every here and there......pink camo atrocity. There's pink camo trucker's hats.....

Also, I reserve the right to mock *anyone* that wears a pink camo + lace miniskirt ensemble. Regardless of size. However, there's definitely a difference between being a large person and 4XL pink camo miniskirt. I *will* mock the latter.

I will refrain from the rest of my opinion because I will be Fratching'd. ;p
      Last edited by Ree; 10-26-2007, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Didn't mean to insult anyone, it's just that it's an ugly outfit. And it's loud enough at a small size. I can't imagine it would be particularly flattering on anyone.

I would file this outfit under "Things that should only be worn by a 14 year old, if at all".

Dressing for your body type is good thing. You will never hear me put down anyone because they are "too big" or whatever. I shut it down if "she sure gained weight" conversations happen around me. Heck, I boycott companies that use too-skinny girls in their advertising. However, based on your body type, there are things you should wear and things you won't look all that great in. Same rule applies to me, and it applies to everyone, regarless of size. A slim teenage girl with small breasts could probably wear this and get away with it. A very curvy bigger girl might be able to pull it off, too, it would depend on various things. I know I couldn't. Anyone bigger or older than me couldn't either. In fact, anyone 10 pounds lighter and 10 years younger probably couldn't get away with it, either.

I'm sorry I came across as being insensitive to people who might be larger, I didn't mean it that way. I really do believe that anyone can be attractive, but we have to flatter our good points and find clothing that is fits well and works with our build. Two of the best dressed women I've ever been friends with were big girls, and one of them was a VERY big girl. Both wore stylish, well-cut clothing that flattered their bodies. Tailored lines, wide belts that accentuated curvy waists, well-propotioned shoes and jewelry. Tasteful.
        Last edited by Ree; 10-26-2007, 03:46 AM. Reason: One more thing...

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          Didn't mean to insult anyone, it's just that it's an ugly outfit. And it's loud enough at a small size. I can't imagine it would be particularly flattering on anyone.

I would file this outfit under "Things that should only be worn by a 14 year old, if at all".
          Indeed, its only purpose should be reserved to wiping up oil spills or getting camp fires started.

Comment

no but the camo would be cute if it was solid pink...

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
              no but the camo would be cute if it was solid pink...
              True, but then it could no longer be called camo. But I'd want it in red or blue, the lace trimming is pretty.
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

oh crap i ment tank stupid me

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  Dressing for your body type is good thing. You will never hear me put down anyone because they are "too big" or whatever. I shut it down if "she sure gained weight" conversations happen around me.
                  Indeed, in fact I would say dressing for your body type, skin tone, hair colour, face shape etc is the cornerstone of "fashion" as it were. So to be blunt I don't understand why its suddenly off limits to comment on when the person is X shape and wearing Y outfit that is not remotely flattering on them. I don't like Y outfit on X shape in the other direction either. I see nothing attractive about a curtain draped over a hat rack. Someone make that poor girl a sandwich.

I'm certainly not going to put on a camo thong and tube top. Because I know it would frighten small children and make puppies whimper in the night. If for some reason I did ( Gunpoint perhaps ) I'm not going to get offended when you tell me "Oh God, why?!". Because it *does* look hideous on me. But of course no one gives a damn when a man is criticized anyway if he's criticized at all. Men can have the beer gut over a thong and no one cares. So double standard ftw. Not that I have a beer gut. I'm actually built like a tall, hairy girl. Hawt.

But don't hide poor fashion choices behind the illusion of "prejudice". ;p
                  Last edited by Gravekeeper; 10-21-2007, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Okies, folkies. We made this one invisible for a while while we discussed things. Can we calm it down, please? The point has been made that some people really ought not to wear, but belabouring the point is going to cause a number of people irritation. We're trying for a new tack on moderation of what's acceptable - we don't mind mentions of skin colour and size (as a trial) as long as it's setting the scene. When it becomes overdone, it borders on bias etc.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

*twitch*

My... brain.... I wouldn't have worn that at 12.
                      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                        You know what bothers me the most about that fashion disaster? The lace skirt. It's like the icing on the cake. The most foul and vile cake imaginable. The Hairy Cake.
                        I see your Hairy Cake and I raise you one Canadian MoldKing. I take 3 points of Mana and cast "Nail Polish smell"!
                        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                          No kidding. You'd think this day and age, companies would arm their security guards with shotguns and chainsaws. But no, they get a walkie-talkie. Great, now their tortured screams as they are devoured alive can be broadcast throughout the building, alerting everyone else to the horrible fate that awaits them in the lobby.
                          Heh... that reminds me of one of my favorite lines out of the English dub of Hellsing... spoken by Lady Integra: "They're eating my people" while the vampires play the sound of her guards being used as a midday snack over the radio.

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                          This is why I always lock my car doors. My friends laugh at me, but I've had random people on curbs try to get my attention.
                          My driver's ed teacher stressed that it was more important to lock your doors while you were in the car, then when you weren't. He had a really good example of why, too: A senior a few years back was stabbed while waiting at a left turn at the street next to the school. The attacker had run up to the driver's side door, yanked it open, and stuck a knife in him, right there.

^-.-^
                          Last edited by Ree; 10-22-2007, 01:12 AM.
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

We have it in pink, green and grey I think. No blue on that item though. -.-
                            But do you have it in blue?

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                              I'm certainly not going to put on a camo thong and tube top.<...>Because it *does* look hideous on me.
                              I find your choice of words curious. i.e. it *does* (in actuality) look bad on you as opposed to it *would* (in the hypothetical sense) look bad on you. Is there a story here? And are there any pictures?

Comment

.... omg i want to see that too...
                                let me guess ex girlfriend and alot of vodka.... and the promise of sex... AND *ALOT* OF VODKA

Comment

Working...
                                X