Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unsolicited skin care advice, got to love it...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's what I found too, Broomjockey. So it looks like it's no longer a requirement that products get tested on animals. /cheer
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
      I'm Irish and live in California. I have to wear sunscreen religiously or suffer the painful consequences.
      Queensland ranges from tropical to subtropical, and from what I understand of California, has a similar climate. You're welcome to share in our skin cancer/cancer prevention scar contest.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        Queensland ranges from tropical to subtropical, and from what I understand of California, has a similar climate. You're welcome to share in our skin cancer/cancer prevention scar contest.
        California, the southern portion, at least, is mostly desert, actually. With a lot of coast. I suspect the coastal sections are actually quite similar, but the inland areas are almost decidedly drier.

Note: If it's overcast, you need sunscreen more than when it's clear. The moisture in the clouds blocks the part of sunlight that provides visible light and heat. So you don't feel it as much while you're sunburning.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          There's one of mine noone's going to see but my husband and my dermatologist!

But I'll compare the rest with you, sure.
          Fair enough then Mine is on my upper arm so it makes me look all big and tough

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            California, the southern portion, at least, is mostly desert, actually. With a lot of coast. I suspect the coastal sections are actually quite similar, but the inland areas are almost decidedly drier.
            You don't know much about Queensland, do you? It's the northern half of the eastern third of Australia, and as soon as you get past the Great Dividing Range, there are almost no permanent rivers or water sources. More than a third of the state is desert, and a large chunk of the rest is semi-arid savannah.

Australia becomes semi-arid or arid as soon as you get past the coast.

Note: If it's overcast, you need sunscreen more than when it's clear. The moisture in the clouds blocks the part of sunlight that provides visible light and heat. So you don't feel it as much while you're sunburning.
            My parents made sure I knew that before I was 10.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
            X