This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funnel cake racism

Language, because that's kind of how I talk. And how these people talked. My god.

My week at work actually went very well, I had no really bad SCs (the normal annoyances, like little kids without a parent in sight trying to stay on the arcades for hours, like we're a babysitting service) so I'll throw one out from my brief stay at IHOP as a second shift server. And let me tell you, at IHOP, SCs aren't the rarer occurence, people with sense are.

To start off, there were only four people I worked with on a regular basis that I could stand. Two were cooks, one was a hostess and S, the one of the funniest women I've ever met. She trained me, she took no shit from anyone, and she was pretty much one of the only other servers I actually liked talking to. The rest were my age, college age, gossipy and kind of dramatic, and I don't have time for that at work, because I don't come to work to start things with the other employees, I come to do my job. (God and don't even get me started on the other hostess, I hope she dies in a fire...).

Moving on. Funnel cakes. We weren't serving them four months ago, they weren't on the menu, nowhere were they advertised in the place, one can assume from this that we don't have funnel cakes. We still had a few people ask, but only once was I yelled at because of it.

Me: yep.
    S: herself
    SC: funnel cake douchenozzle customer, who I also hope dies in a fire for being a moron. He was there with three other people, who strangely said nothing during the whole thing.

Me: Hi, I'm marty, I'll be serving you this evening, can I get you anything to drink to start off?
    SC: Yeah I got a question.
    Me: Yes sir?
    SC: Do you guys got them funnel cakes?
    Me: No sir, those were limited time some time ago, not sure when we'll have 'em again.
    SC: I think you're lying.
    Me: -blink- Sir, if we had funnel cakes I'd be happy to put in that order, but we don't. (please tip me)
    SC: Well I think you just don't want to serve me 'cause I'm black. I think you're just racist, I can't stand little racist bitches not serving me 'cause I'm black!
    Me: Mmk! -still smiling-

So at this point, apparently now racist for not having any funnel cakes because apparently I used my racist mind powers to alter the present so that IHOP had none, I turned on my heel and walked straight back to the break room. S was smoking a cig, so I sat down and told her what happened. I'll interject here and say that S is black, laughing now because of the baffled look on my face. She snuffed out her cig, stood, said, "Let me do it, you watch," and walked back out to the floor. I followed at a distance, standing in the passbar so the table couldn't see me as she approached them.

S: We ain't got no funnel cakes. Am I racist too?
    SC: .....

He then ordered quietly, and left a decent tip. I gave S half of it for shutting him up.

I am glad I never worked third shift though, they had to keep a couple cops posted there because third shift customers at IHOP are gaurunteed drunk and belligerent.
    Would you like a Stummies?

Quoth marty View Post
    I'll interject here and say that S is black

<snip!>

S: We ain't got no funnel cakes. Am I racist too?
    SC: .....
    S for the win! I can just imagine the dumbfounded look on his face.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

*applaudes*

That is one hell of a funny story.
      http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
      Melody Gardot

Comment

Now thats how you tell them that their race card has been declined. S is full of win.
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

After the first publicized incident at a Dennys, people have been trying to pull a variation of this ever since.
          It's pretty pathetic. Especially when they set their "damages" to the ridiculous tune of $800,000.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
          ~Clerks

Comment

It's almost a shame that the SC didn't say, "No, you're not racist, you're a sell out to The Man!!" to S. I'm sure her response would have been every bit as awesome as the actual situation.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Holy crap couldn't you just have that right to refuse service to those people? "Are you lying: and "You are racist" are 2 lines I don't put up with from customers and I don't need to serve them if they have to have such a bullshit attitude!
              Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

why is it that everyone who cries "racist" is a minister?

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
                  why is it that everyone who cries "racist" is a minister?
                  Oh, they're not, I denied a make up refund (she didn't like the colour) and apparently that makes me racist, I got my (black) supervisor to decline, and she still claimed we were racist. Go figure.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

The most racist person I ever interacted with was a coworker who was born in Africa.

To her, everything was about the color of her skin. Boy was she obnoxious about it.

But, oddly, she didn't try to get anything from it. It was just an excuse for her to bitch about things, which she did a lot. But she didn't have a sour attitude; she just liked to bitch.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X