This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopped a scammer

Back in '98-2000 I worked off and on for a company in St Louis that called itself "The Computer Superstore" in the Parts Dept (now they call it the Upgrades Counter)

This happened sometime late 1998/early 1999.. Some guy went up to the customer service counter and wanted to return an Iomega 1GB Jaz drive. He brought the drive and it's power and SCSI cable. No box, no cartridge, no documentation, no receipt. He gave the customer service guy all sorts of h*** about it. Customer service guy did his job well and totally denied him. Then the customer demanded to speak to a manager.

The GM comes down (#1 authority in the store, answers to corporate HQ) and the customer gives him the same song and dance, stating that he bought the drive within the last 30 days and wants his money back because the drive doesn't work. The GM was about to go do that, but I pulled him aside and showed him the inventory data on that product. We haven't sold that drive for at least a good 6 months to a year.

After enlightening the GM with this knowledge, he promptly rejected the customer and I was given a thank you. Good schtuff.
    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.
Working...
X