This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never went to jail for non theft

So this was probably 8 or so months ago, but felt it was sucky enough to warrant its own thread, now that I know the police aren't after me.

It started on a busy Saturday, I'm able to juggle customers and keep them laughing which is what I was doing with this particular gem. She came up to my counter with a few candles and reed diffusers, talking happily about how she loves the scent.

I tend to her, and explain we also sell potpourri and room spray if she wants and shes totally sold on it. I take it back up to the counter for her and everything is hunky-dorey.

Except 10 minutes after she checks out and leaves she comes in and now shes furious. She's MAAAAAAD. I TOTALLY stole the 50 bucks she laid out that she planned to use for her 'cut and color at JC PENNYS' that she so rehearsed. Mind you, she had laid out the money and all these bills while she was paying, but I never touched any of it. I smell scam. She BERATES me so bad that in the middle of a Saturday afternoon, my Store manager and 2 other assistant managers had to stop, count the drawers, and look at the tapes. Not only did the draw come out fine, apparently they saw I never touched any money except the cash she gave me.

Thats not good enough. I should be FIRED and SUED AND TAKEN TO JAIL!

My manager gives her a statement saying that I had not taken the money according to the video and she wasn't buying it. She took it to the police.

The police saw that I was being only joyful and had NOT touched her money, but since she was disabled she was taking it further.

She did not get any further because uh...I was INNOCENT and she lost on her scam. I heard later from different places and the newspaper that she tried the same trick and it never worked. Sorry I believed what was to be known as nice customer Sadly enough for her, I was never arrested for theft.

Wow. That's good that it was clear on camera and you had people backing you up at least. What a bitch.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

hmm, maybe a lawsuit filed against her for 'slander and emotional trauma induced by the stress of being accused of a theft that never happened.'

ah, wouldn't that make her need a change of drawers, i'm betting.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Doesn't matter anyone. The onus would be on HER to prove that you'd stolen the money. No proof, no charge.
        Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Hmm, I smell scam too. Though a pretty lame one, since the tape clearly showed you didn't touch the money. Now if you HAD, there may have been enough doubt for her to intimidate $50.00 out of management. Depends on how stubborn or wishy-washy your bosses are. Well, it just means she'll try this trick at the next store over. Blech.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Meegz View Post
            My manager gives her a statement saying that I had not taken the money according to the video and she wasn't buying it. She took it to the police.

The police saw that I was being only joyful and had NOT touched her money, but since she was disabled she was taking it further.
            did she file a police report? if not, too bad, because then she'd get in trouble for filing a false police report. especially if its been discovered she's trying to pull this scam at multiple retail outlets.
            Last edited by NightAngel; 06-05-2008, 04:38 PM. Reason: Excessive Quoting

Comment

Wow. That's a whole new level. Scams are one thing, but scams in which people might get charged with a crime? I say lock that lady up and throw away the key.
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Small claims?
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Yeah. I love it when people do that. One of our cameras is pointing right down on us. They see what I touch, where I touch, and where I put what I touch.

Some people try to say I steal. None has succeded. Because I Don't do that. I've had people put down thousands of dollars, and scream out Be right back, and run outside to to get the .47 cents to pay for their MO. I don't touch the money they lay out. I also tell people to back the F off if they get to close. Haven't had any grab and dashs, and all the money is there when they get back. Sometimes they are short, but all those times they always find the money without saying I took it, (guess I been lucky on that).
                  Military Spouse Support.
                  http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                  Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I had one lady ask if she could leave her CC at my register while she shopped. I refused to touch that one with a 500 ft. pole. She was mad that I refused to keep her card in my possession.

Comment

Wow what a piece of work. Say, do you work at a Pier1Imports or a similar store? The items you described her buying just reminded me of my days with Pier1.
                      This message brought to you by a hopeless pop-culture-obsessed social reject.

Comment

Quoth kiokushitaka View Post
                        Wow what a piece of work. Say, do you work at a Pier1Imports or a similar store? The items you described her buying just reminded me of my days with Pier1.
                        hahaha you caught me!

generally, I get typical awesome customers, its just the every-now-and-then i get jerks. Especially the ones that have credit cards with us and lose them, I need to look up the account with social security and thats when I get accused with identity theft

Comment

She asked you keep a CREDIT CARD! Wow, that smells like an obvious scam. Why would anyone think someone could fall for that one?

Eh, never mind.

Hope it didn't sound sarcastic. It's not, it's 4 am and I'm tired.

Comment

Sorry I believed what was to be known as nice customer
                            Take this advice: Don't believe ANY customer is nice. They are nice in the beginning cause they know they will get what they want but when they don't, they become nasty entitlement jerks.

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
                              She asked you keep a CREDIT CARD! Wow, that smells like an obvious scam. Why would anyone think someone could fall for that one?
                              What's the scam?

She leaves her card. You set it aside. She comes back to retrieve it. Or she doesn't.

Either the card's been used in her absence or it hasn't.

Not following this.

But then no one's ever asked me to hold their card for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X