X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Auto View Post
    What's the scam?

She leaves her card. You set it aside. She comes back to retrieve it. Or she doesn't.
    She might try and contest the charges for things that she had bought that day, while blaming you the "fraudulent" charges.
    My Pointless Links collection.

Comment

God, that's stupid. It sucks you had to waste time over that bitch.

I had one women come up and try to check out half an hour after we closed (with multiple announcements) and wanted me to give her the items and take a blank check and fill it out in the morning. I asked if she was kidding, and she got all pissed at me. I don't think she was a scammer, just really stupid.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I guess the credit card thing must have been a scam, although I don't know how it would work exactly. But why else would someone want to leave their card at the counter? Credit cards aren't exactly heavy and cumbersome.

Some people are just very weird.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth redmountaingoldfish View Post
          She might try and contest the charges for things that she had bought that day, while blaming you the "fraudulent" charges.
          Still no scam *heh* The video will have a time code on it, as will her auths for the day. Timecode of auths = earlier than timecode of video. Innocence maintained.
          DJ Particle

Comment

Quoth EmiOfBrie View Post
            Still no scam *heh* The video will have a time code on it, as will her auths for the day. Timecode of auths = earlier than timecode of video. Innocence maintained.
            But she could still try it. Remember the story of the guy who didn't get his discount and came back with the police saying "that's the man who hit me", and then accused the store of editing the video when it showed what really happened.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
              Some people are just very weird.
              I may be very weird (OK, who am I kidding? no maybes about it...) but I don't go out and about attemping to scam people.

Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
              X