This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tis the season: rules for brides

You are not really a princess. You want to play at being a princess, which is okay. Just remember you're not the only one playing the game.

If you wait until four weeks before your wedding to pick dresses for yourself or your bridesmaids, you may have to choose from what's in stock, or pay a rush fee to have it sent quicker.

If it comes from China, it takes 15 weeks to get here.

Whining won't make it appear faster.

If you're over 15 years of age, and/or wear a DD cup, you need a bra. Yes, you really do. Boobs you can tuck under your belt do not look attractive, by Western standards. And no, I can't make an off-the-rack dress fit you like custom-made, and have it hold up the girls without a bra. It was manufactured for women who wear bras.

If you wait until two weeks before your wedding to try on your dress, and decide it needs to be fitted, don't act surprised that we're too booked to work you in.

Don't add insult to injury, and claim no one told you about having your dress hemmed. The sales staff is evaluated on how many customers they get booked for alteration services. The manager walks the floor reminding customers to schedule now, avoid the rush! The CSRs spend evenings on the phone calling women and asking, "You've purchased a dress from us, do you need it bustled, or altered to fit?"

Your friends weren't helping you. The one berating me, and repeating, "But you sold her the dress! You have to alter it!" was clearly unaware that in this state, even prisoners can't be forced to work if they chose not to. We certainly can't be forced to work overtime, (happily, that goes against company policy)

Your other friend, the one who kept carping "but it's so simple! It can't take very long." should just hire some one off the street, or do it for you herself, if it's that simple.

Reason One why I'm wearing blue jeans to my wedding (if I ever move to a state I can get married in). YIKES.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

.... i was going to buy a white and red sari for mine....
      now im sad
      oh and i threatened my fiance with death if he ever looked at a gold ring or a diamond. I told him Silver. PLAIN.

Comment

Believe me, I will have no procrastination whatsoever on my end and since my middle sister is THE queen of procrastination (if she wants to be in the bridal party) I will be on her like white on rice so she doesn't procrastinate or I will tear her a new one if she does. I already have in mind what I want for the rings and attire: simple and elegant.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
          oh and i threatened my fiance with death if he ever looked at a gold ring or a diamond. I told him Silver. PLAIN.
          Bronze for me. Plain. Unless I can get my Clan ring made for me (thick silver band with mother-of-pearl inlaid), but alas I can't seem to locate someone to make the damned thing for me.

Comment

bronze doesnt look good on me, i love how silver looks on me though.
            But at the time i was majorly into simple silver jewelery and he kept asking me about rings, and when i said just make it plain and simple, he sent my a link to a jewelry website, full of gold and diamonds.
            Then i set down the rules, though i did tell him if he found a custume jewelry like piece i could like it.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
              bronze doesnt look good on me, i love how silver looks on me though.
              I have a pair of earring that are bronze, but had been covered in gold. Well....I have highly acidic skin and so it ate through the gold.... Gold tends to disappear on my skin anyways, I've too yellow a skintone for it. Silver looks pretty good, but I really like the earthy tones of a slightly aged bronze.

Comment

It's stories like these that make me glad I'm a seamstress. I have my dress designed in my head (have for at least the last year, if not longer), I know exactly what fabric I want to use, and how to wear my hair.

Yeah, I'm one of those girls.
                Last edited by FenigDurak; 06-04-2008, 05:06 AM. Reason: My tags were showing

Comment

to make me seem like an incriedably girlly girl, since the fiance from hell i have desgned my own wedding dress

Comment

But at the time i was majorly into simple silver jewelery and he kept asking me about rings
                    I wear a simple white gold band.
                    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I have to say I was pretty darn lucky. Found my dress at a shop that was closing so got my dress for $250 and it fit off the rack, no alterations needed!!! And that is saying something cause I am 6'1 and well endowed.
                      It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Now if two people get married, are two rings required? I never understood the whole deal. There is an engagement ring, AND a wedding ring? Also, does groom get ring too or what?
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                          Now if two people get married, are two rings required? I never understood the whole deal. There is an engagement ring, AND a wedding ring? Also, does groom get ring too or what?
                          For the woman, there's two rings involved. The Engagement ring and the Wedding ring. My Grandmother's Engagement ring is this great big ROCK that I hope I will never have to give to someone (It's ugly, in my opinion). Her wedding band is simply that: a gold band.

I don't believe men have to suffer through the multiple rings (thank Dog, I hate jewelery).

That said: The whole Spend-Two-Month's-Salary-On-A-Wedding-Ring is stupid and I pity any man who has to do it.

Comment

Bridezilla season ! My favourite season....

Like barbie_Girl, i got mine from a closing down sale (and it was only £75!!) and was lucky in that mine fitted off-the-peg, except for hemming. My mother hemmed it for me and we didn't need anything else doing to it. I hated it but we won't go into all that....
                            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                            - Dave Barry

Comment

If TTO spends two months salary on a ring, I'll skin him.
                              I don't want a big flashy ring. I want something small, with a classic setting.
                              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                              X