• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Calls of the Week!

You've had your turn

Me: -Opening Statement-

SC: I'd like to place an order........

::Several minutes later, order put through, completely did everything the customer asked for during the call::

Me: Okay, that order will be out to you in five days, thank you for calling -Company Name-

SC: Will those widgets be packed in plastic inside the box?

Me: Yes ma'am, have a great day...

SC: What time will the UPS person be there when the deliver?

Me: Ma'am I am unable to give you that information, UPS delivers the packages per their own system.

SC: Okay, did I ever order blue widgets?

Me: Yes ma'am, you ordered two hundred last week.

SC: Okay, did I ever order red widgets?

Me: Yes ma'am three weeks ago, you ordered three hundred.

SC: Okay, did I ever order green widgets?

Me: -Looks at the ten calls in the queue-, No ma'am you've never ordered green widgets.

SC: Well how much would 200 green widgets cost?

Me: 200 green widgets would be $xx.xx, would you like to add those to your order today?

SC: No, I was just wondering, have I ever ordered yellow widgets from you before?

Me: Ma'am I'm going to need to send you to your territory manager, have a great day.

I don't know!

Me: -Opening Statement-

SC: Could I please place an order for 600 purple widgets today?

Me: Sure, could I please have your telephone number to open your account, or your account number?

SC: I don't have my account number, and let me go and find out what the telephone number is, hold please.

::Five Minutes Later::

SC: Oh my telephone number is, 555-555-5555

Me: Ma'am, that's not in my system, is there another number for the office?

SC: Oh, you need the office number, that was my number, I don't know the office number, let me go find out.

::Five Minutes Later::

SC: The office number is 555-555-5555

Me: Ma'am that's not in my system, have you ordered from us before?

SC: Is this -Company-?

Me: No ma'am this is -My Company-

SC: Wrong number, sorry -click-

I'm beginning to think that a Widget is an all powerful uber cool device and I'm beginning to want one. What's your work number?

I know Widgets is a term used to discrive <item> but come on, it does start to sound uber if you read about it a lot! And they're pretty cheap, too, if you can get hundreds of them for Blah price!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I want 10 blue ones 17 red 23 green 42 yellow and 200 in pink camo!

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        I'm beginning to think that a Widget is an all powerful uber cool device and I'm beginning to want one. What's your work number?

I know Widgets is a term used to discrive <item> but come on, it does start to sound uber if you read about it a lot! And they're pretty cheap, too, if you can get hundreds of them for Blah price!
        I'm agreeing with EQ, now I want a widget too...
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

meh, I prefer doo-hickees myself--much more versatile.
          My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            actually there used to be an actual product called a widget-it was for opening packages--a basic boxcutter redesigned-as an aside---the word uber means over(as in "over the fence")-would you use the word over in that sentence? speaking some german my mind automatically translates and it makes no sense. and turns me into grammar natzi
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              the word uber means over
              and turns me into grammar natzi
              Two things: Yes, uber translates to over, if you're speaking German. However, in the English language, uber has taken on the meaning of being powerful, the apex of a thing. Which in a sense, does make it 'over'.
              And, it's Nazi.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Funny, I was told Uber is German for Super. But a quick search on a translator tells me that the German word for Super is.... Super.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

JUWL! We've missed you...

And yeah, Uber has kinda taken on it's own meaning for English speakers (at least, American speakers, cuz let's face it, it's a whole new dialect of English). I was confused too when my friends started talking about something being over cool, and over new...
                  Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    Two things: Yes, uber translates to over, if you're speaking German. However, in the English language, uber has taken on the meaning of being powerful, the apex of a thing. Which in a sense, does make it 'over'.
                    And, it's Nazi.

"Uber", or "Über", means "above, beyond", both in the sense of location ("über deinem Kopf" means "above your head") as in the sense of ability.

And yes, its use in the way described here can be traced back to Nazi Germany, as it was employed in their propaganda to describe "Übermenschen" (the Aryans) and "Untermenschen" (subhumans).
                    You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Well, we all know how it goes with superlatives and prefixes. One day, "great" doesn't cut it any more, so it's terrific, then it's super, then ultra. When "ultra" isn't enough any more, it just gets über.

Around here, we sometimes use "meta", but only as a prefix. I don't where it came from. Maybe from the Metabarons comic books ?
                      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I like widgets - but I prefer whatchamacalits they're a lot cheaper. I saw some doo-hickies the other day and they were on sale. Almost bought a bunch but then I thought, "What the hell do I need all those doo-hickies for?" I bought a snickers instead.
                        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Any of you got thingy-ma-bobs ? I'd like to compare those to whatsits. I hear they're a whole lot more durable.
                          "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                            Any of you got thingy-ma-bobs ? I'd like to compare those to whatsits. I hear they're a whole lot more durable.
                            Thingy-ma-bobs are good, but not as good as thingy-ma-jiggers. Either way, their both better than whatsits. You just may have to pay a bit more blah for them.

I'm so easily amused today.
                            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                              Around here, we sometimes use "meta", but only as a prefix. I don't where it came from. Maybe from the Metabarons comic books ?
                              Not sure about the comics, but I've heard meta used as short form for something that "breaks the fourth wall" as it were. As in:

Meta-gaming (Met-ah-gay-ming) verb, adj.--1) Playing your RPG character with knowledge the character shouldn't know in-game. 2) In videogames: a game experience that involves information or interaction outside of the game. See: Metal Gear Solid's Psycho Mantis cutscene where the game reads your memory card and changes the dialogue based on what it finds.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X