X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Halls of Monte STUPID..

To the shores of tripled fee!!

Boy.. Do I *WISH* I could charge per the level of stupidity...

I go on vacation last week.. Nothing gets done on my PM visit times. My co-irker apparently didn't pay attention when I walked him through the site EIGHT %#$ING TIMES!!!

But no matter..

I go through the motions, checking and saving, backing up and testing...

Apparently they had a service call while I was away. A door wasn't working. Now, this being a Military base, there's contracts and unions and base maintenance yadd dot yadda dot dot dot frackin YADDA.. I only get third or fourth hand reports on it, so I figure I reeeeeeeaaaaly had to go check this door. Bad things have been known to happen when people get unclear over who's job is what.

I get to the facility, a medical testing area, and walk up upon the door. BIG hand written sign saying "Do not use this door is BROKE!" (yeah.. worded EXACTLY like that... in a place you need at least community college to work in... yikes!)

I get inside and there just aint much I can do.. The door is CHAINED SHUT, with a metal cart and a pair of CRUTCHES wrapped around the frame.

(and yeah.. same sign inside!!)

hmm they must've had some problem with the door not securing... I go through Nurses, Doctors, Privates, Sergeants.. nobody knows wo, what, why... all they know is that SOMEONE worked on it last week, and did SOMETHING to it.

After a good half an hour of Pin-balling from "go talk to" 's I find a nice young man in PT clothes who seems to have things together. He goes hopping off to find the key to the lock, with me expecting a long long wait. Propping myself up against the cart, I hear a familiar little jingle jangle from the tray. "Nahhhh" I think to myself.. "CAN'T BE..."

They left the key sitting on the cart!!

GREAT SECURITY THERE ARMY-BOY!!

I unlatch the lock, unwind the crutches, and move the cart. I then wave my access card over the security reader and proceed with my diagnosis.

BEEP

KLATCH

uh..

That worked PERFECTLY... As a matter of fact.. this door used to work WORSE!!! I was there when they installed it, had to call the contractors back to fix the *^%$#ed up job they did, and they fixed it.. barely. THAT WORKED GREAT!!!

W
    T
    F
    ????

The guy in the PT clothes comes back (never DID get his name..) and looks at me opening and closing the door again and again. He holds the key he'd found up questioningly, and I give him a shrug. I point to the cart, hand him the key and silently walk outside, letting myself back in with my access card. I give him a helpless stare and a shrug while opening, closing and banging/pulling/gnawing at the door to show him that it is INDEED secured.

When I opened the door again, I again silently, shrugged and pointed to the sign.

"Ah" he said "Some of our staff is.. uh.. cognizance-challenged?? I think someone just didn't get the uh.. idea that it'd been fixed and put the uh.. (then he saw the wording of it) *SIGH* sign up... As long as it works, it's fine with me..."

As I tore the signs off the door, I was tempted to chew and EAT the damn things.. But I was afraid of ingesting the Stupdicaacaa virus or something..

Stupidcaacaa virus...
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Hey.. Dumbness THAT bad might be contagious..

Comment

I marvel at the human capacity to be dense.

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
          From the Halls of Monte STUPID..
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          To the shores of tripled fee!!
          One of the best post titles ever! And one of the few you can sing!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

So... this door didn't work in the past. Someone came out to fix it. Then someone, assuming that the door didn't work because it didn't work in the past, barred and barricaded this door without actually checking to see if it worked first?

Wow. We need to get that person into politics!
            Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Yeah... Politics might be safer.. I'm frankly SCARED that someone THAT dumb is working with phamacueticals...

Comment

Working...
              X