This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
    Money. Simply. They cost money (printing manuals that is). So, why not put stuff in the game, and use less printing. And I agree, its stupid. But I cheat, I use a tablet and look at the Wiki when I'm not sure about an item or I'm lost.
    that's probably why.

and why most manuals sold are for the big plot-driven games... or as it's said... games designed to make you want to buy expensive manuals just so you can figure out how to play etc.

i mean look at skyrim. the book sells for almost the same price as the game. that's how they get you.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
      Money talks, and games like CoD sell really well. Black Ops 2 for example, made $500 Million in the first Week (or may have even been weekend)
      [snip] But that gap is slowly being filled with indie developers, whpo are more willingto try something new, and with crowd funding becoming a popular thing, we'll see more of it in the future.
      Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
      Honestly, I've found myself moving away from most Triple A gaming recently. Indie games tend to take more risks and have more interesting, emotional stories or experiences for me. That's not to say I don't play some triple A - I just find myself less excited about a lot of the larger games. Next big western title I want is Bioshock Infinite, and I just picked up Ni No Kuni - but that's about it. [snip]
      Both of these quoted for truth. My Flatmate and I had a discussion recently, and we pretty much had the same conclusion. He brought Hitman Absolution, and was sorely dissappointed in it. He's sworn off any Triple A games from now on.
      Most of the recent games I've brought, I've been dissappointed in. I don't bother rushing out for release day purchases now. I'll wait and see what reviews, and friends say.

Gears of War I loved for the story line. And the fact that GoW 3 had a definitive ending (which is sorely lacking in some games these days) - Enemy A died, Enemy B died. Thats it. No continuing. Their only option (which they are making) is a prequel . After Gears, its kind of been meh.

Halo 4 was dissapointing for anything other than the Story Line. They changed what didn't need to be changed, and Spartan ops was promising, but became Hordes mode, poorly done. Halo: Reach is the superior game in that series IMO.

Space Marine - Well..... I'm just not going into it. Haven't touched it in months (possibly a year).

Whereas Minecraft (yes I know) - I still have fun (A key part of gaming for me) playing that. And thats still on Vanilla (no mods etc)

Fallout 3 and New Vegas - Almost infinitely replayable - I've completed them atleast twice.

Farcry 3 - I do want to get it. I've been hearing good things, both via the Roosterteeth guys and my friends. Sounds like it was done right.
      "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
      Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
        KH games ALWAYS have a ton of tutorial/exposition cutscenes at the beginning. KH2 Prologue, anyone? >.< At least DDD wasn't that bad, although the New Game+ should let you skip the Dream Eater creation tutorial.
        At least, to an extent, the KH2 prologue made sense story-wise. Without any of the later filler games (like 356/2), you can't really just start with Sora.

Doesn't make it any less annoying though....
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
          Whereas Minecraft (yes I know) - I still have fun (A key part of gaming for me) playing that. And thats still on Vanilla (no mods etc)
          We've been playing the FTB BetaA pack on the server we've got (Nekojin is running it and it's tied in with our local gaming convention), and there are some awesome mods out there.

And that doesn't even get into the fantastic texture packs.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
            At least, to an extent, the KH2 prologue made sense story-wise. Without any of the later filler games (like 356/2), you can't really just start with Sora.

Doesn't make it any less annoying though....
            After you play Days, the KH2 prologue is about a zillion times more depressing.

I do have to say, for the most part, they're getting better. When new abilities or somesuch are acquired, there's a brief screen to explain it and in DDD, you can even go back and look at them again if you forget what they do. Or skip them altogether. It's a fine line to walk because long time fans who know how to play the game are going to be annoyed no matter which way it falls. Too much hand holding or not enough direction, either extreme is bad. And then you've got to accommodate the new players (although in KH's case, starting the series with DDD is a surefire way to end up with a migraine. It's hard to make sense of even if you've played the whole series).
            Last edited by jedimaster91; 01-23-2013, 09:50 PM.
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Oh gods, yes. Heck, I'm just getting to the ending of 3D, and I'm getting depressed again.

Oh Xion....*sobs*
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Lvl_9_Gazebo View Post
                I'm increasingly becoming a Luddite when it comes to gaming. I've yet to find a game for the PS3 that would justify buying one, and the only reason I ever asked for a Wii was to download old SNES favorites. I've hated every Final Fantasy that came out after FFVII and by this point have given up on them.
                I'm going to suggest you look up Resonance of Fate and any of the recent non-Disgaea games from NIS (Sold through NIS America) like Trinity Universe. RoF in particular is very origonal, and battles play out like a John Woo flick, once you understand the game.

NOTE: Disgaea is great, but not really for someone looking for a directed game experience
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  I'm going to suggest you look up Resonance of Fate and any of the recent non-Disgaea games from NIS (Sold through NIS America) like Trinity Universe. RoF in particular is very origonal, and battles play out like a John Woo flick, once you understand the game.

NOTE: Disgaea is great, but not really for someone looking for a directed game experience
                  NOT RoF *shudders* That's a god-awful battle system.
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I liked Resonance of Fate's battle system, it took a few battles to really get into the groove of it, but that's what I enjoy. A game that isn't instantly "Here's how you do it, now you never have to worry about Game Over" which I experience way too much in current generation games.

Hell, I'm so sick of it that I'm replaying Baldur's Gate.
                    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                      Oh gods, yes. Heck, I'm just getting to the ending of 3D, and I'm getting depressed again.

Oh Xion....*sobs*
                      I seem to be the only person in the universe who didn't like Xion. The game would have been just fine with only Roxas and Axel. The only part of it that makes me tear up is how berserk Roxas went after, well, you know.
                      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

It was more the relationship between the three. It tore me to pieces how it ended.
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'm another gaming Luddite...but I don't think I was ever that intense a gamer. I usually prefer watching people play some games rather than play them myself - watching Housemate play the Legacy of Kain games is especially fun. ^^ I think the only RPG I've played thay has parties and stats and everything that isn't Pokémon is Golden Sun.

Though I have some favourites. I got Link's Awakening for the Virtual Console last week. Is it wrong I still know it off by heart after five years since my last playthrough XD
                          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

In case you haven't been following, Square Enix has announced a KH HD remake for the PS3. Release date in Japan is in March. So, um, this pic was apparently put on instagram by Jesse McCartney. For those of you who don't know, he is the English voice of Roxas (and Ven) in Kingdom Hearts. So, I'll just leave this here.

*SQUEEE!*

Comment

Link doesn't work!!

But I had heard and I'm waiting ever so impatiently for it...
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Hmm, looks like it got pulled. But it was a pic in a recording studio with an image of Roxas on the screen. Looked like the scene might have been from Days.

Comment

Working...
                                X