X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a deer in my garden....

A little muntjac, eating one of my shrubs.....but I don't grudge it
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

83!!!!!! Pictures.............picturespicturespicturespictu respicturespictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X3
    Last edited by Caffienated_Caramel; 01-27-2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I'll have to start keeping a camera by the window.. I didn't want to go and get one in case the movement scared it away. This is the third time I've seen one in my back garden (actually, the first time, there were two of them - a doe with her fawn)
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

One thing I hate about living back at home.

Freakin any time I come home later at night, and go turn into my neighbor's driveway so I can swing back around and park in the yard, there's always several deer just hanging out in everyone's yards, waiting to smash into my car.

Or, ya know, when I'm cleaning after work and I go to shake the rugs outside and all of a sudden two or three does just go a running back towards the woods.

It would probably help if I quit throwing leftovers outside.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

N'awww! I have deer in my yard quite often, too. The last I saw were two whitetail does, just grazing away in the middle of the night. I noticed them when I went to lock the doors for the night. One of them looked up, and we had a staring contest for a few minutes, before she went back to grazing. It was...almost surreal.
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

The only thing my mind thinks of when i see deer is how to best cook them
            ...What!?
            Deer are tasty critters ^^

Comment

Mooseses are neat too. Sometimes they'd come by and eat the chickweed at the foundation of the house, sometimes a momma would show up with her calf and sleep in the snow for a night.
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

A few years ago, I saw a white deer. Not sure if it was technically an albino or just extremely light, but definitely white. I'd heard there were a few in the area but never expected to see one. It was lovely.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Der Cute View Post
                  Mooseses are neat too.
                  And also very, very tasty.

What?

B
                  "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                  I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

My parents get deer in their backyard fairly often. This seems odd to me, as they live in the Phoenix area, but they are in the northwest part of the metro area, which I guess is kinda close to mountain type stuff. (They definitely ARE on the edge of the metro area, and it's not far to go before "metro" becomes "rural.")

The first couple times, they thought it was cute.

But after the novelty wore off, and once my parents realized how destructive the deer were being--trampling and/or eating the plants, including some my mother was trying to cultivate, dumping the trash, moving the furniture, sometimes almost breaking it--my Mom started labeling them "pests." And she no longer finds them at all cute. And this is a sweet little old lady, too.

(Don't worry about the deer, kids...the only thing my mother's done to combat them is to spray some kind of deer repellent, something that apparently smells very unappetizing to deer. Or something like that. That's about as violent as my mom will get.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Yes, but, as my dear deer hunting brother will tell you... city bucks/does aren't that smart. Well...That's what he says, anyway. Being in a relatively rural area, I really wouldn't know.
                      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Kazim View Post
                        The only thing my mind thinks of when i see deer is how to best cook them
                        ...What!?
                        Deer are tasty critters ^^
                        You are not alone on that. The only thing that would run through my dad's mind on spotting something like that would be "just how quick can I get to my rifle?"
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Last fall when a roadkill deer was in our driveway it was all we could do to keep the owner's 92 year old mother from scooting out there with her cane and filleting it right there on the street.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

At the house I grew up in, Dad use to tie the cedar bushes up for the winter.

The new residents didn't realize this and ... combined snow damage and hungry deer have stripped the bottom 5 feet clean. It's pretty sad looking really... they use to look beautiful when I was living there. Now they look like shit.

At least the blue spruce have fared better. They're deer-resistant cos ... they don't like spiky food.

Comment

My dad uses nylon stockings filled with Irish Spring soap around the fence posts to keep the deer out of the garden during spring/summer seasons.

Deer HATE Irish Spring soap.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X