Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been watching a lot of John Doe lately. I will be sad when I watch the 21st episode. Only made 21 of them (that aired at least), they just made one season. It was a good story too..though I got angry at them for killing off one of my favorite characters half way through.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Well right now I'm watching "customers suck" but the last movie I watched was the Phantom Of The Opera.

Which then sparked an interest in listening to the musical again - both the original Michael Crawford version, AND the Canadian Colm Wilkinson versions. (I got to see Colm play the phantom way back in the late 80s *squeeee*)

Plus some interesting fanfic readings too.

Comment

Spent last night watching Achievement Hunter's "Let's Play Minecraft" videos.

There are five members of the AH team involved-- Geoff, Jack, Ray, Michael, and Gavin. Michael is the host of AH's "Rage Quit" series, who has NO IDEA how to play Minecraft. Gavin helps direct a lot of AH and Rooster Teeth's videos, and is also the creator of Slow Mo Guys, and the troll of the group, being extremely adept at Minecraft and frequently steals from the other players after killing them. Geoff and Jack are the administrators of AH in general, with Geoff being second to Gavin in Minecraft experience and building. Ray, in the LP Minecraft series, is the quiet "ace" of the group.

I didn't watch all of the videos last night, but in their third LP Minecraft video, the challenge was 'race to bedrock.' Literally to dig down until you reached bedrock, the unbreakable, unmineable "floor" of the gameworld. There were no other rules. Everyone started with nothing and from the same 'level'. While everyone else tried to sabotage each other by dropping sand or gravel on people, or redirecting water to flood their holes, Ray just quietly walled himself in and dug down.

In another video, "race to diamond" the goal was to craft a diamond pickaxe. Again, everyone was trying to sabotage each other, or steal materials or tools from each other, while Ray just walled himself in somewhere, built the stuff he needed to mine, and made a diamond pickaxe. When Geoff, who was hosting the game saw this, he kicked Ray from the game in frustration.

It's hilarious stuff.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Tonight I shall attempt to watch last week's Glee! on OnDemand again, since it wouldn't work the other day. Later is The New Normal. Which is silly but in a much better way than Glee! is silly.

And speaking of Glee, I was watching Bunheads last night and they showed briefly the guy who was playing the piano for the ballet class, and it was Brad! So now we know where he went.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Face off. Demon make ups. Pretty cool

Comment

Either:

-Random episodes of America's Next Top Model. (by "random" I do literally mean I will pick random cycles and certain episodes from those)

OR

-These video walkthroughs of Nancy Drew video games. The commentary on them is hilarious. (not only will he give the walkthrough, but he'll commentate on random things or otherwise ham it up in the videos....which paid off for him since at one point he actually got his face in a Nancy Drew game. He spent about 3 minutes of the video making orgasm noises over it )
              Last edited by fireheart; 01-31-2013, 12:29 PM.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I, Claudius.

Never had the opportunity to watch it before, and I had heard good things, so far (only finished the 2nd part) it is pretty good.

Best quote so far:

Augustus (Brian Blessed): Is there anyone in Rome who has NOT slept with my daughter?!

Actually that whole scene is priceless, the suitors trying to (unsuccessfully) ease Caesar's shame and his responses to them.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Trial & Retribution. It's like a British version of Law & Order, but each episode is almost 2 hours and each case takes two episodes...so it's really frustrating because I NEVER have 4 hours to devote to TV so I have to wait at least a day to see how it turns out!
                  https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
                  X