This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lousy Queensland Weather

Many of you may have heard that Australia's having a wild weather summer again.

D - my husband - just found out that a lot of Queensland's citrus growers have lost not just this year's crops.... they've lost the damn TREES.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

I heard that Bundaberg had floods of around 9m high or so.

I hope that our Queenslandian CSers are safe and well.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm fine! We live in an area that doesn't seem to flood and we have a well-stocked kitchen, so we haven't had any problems with the panic buying so far. Also lucky enough not to live in the area that is currently running out of drinking water. We did have a bit of a problem with a leak, but we think we've solved that problem. If we haven't, then at the least it's easily accessible for repairs, and water coming in again won't destroy the tv and computers. My baby mango tree was almost flattened and my baby apricot tree was rather windburnt, but I didn't lose anything other than a self-seeded potato plant.
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I still have friends and family in Queensland, and I lived there 25 years, so I've been watching the news to see what's going on. My old suburb was one that was expected to run out of drinking water yesterday, which is a little scary.

Poor ol' Qld can't catch a break.

I hope everyone is safe and well, not too waterlogged, and that things get back to normal for you all soon.

Oh, and can you please send a little of that rain down here to Tassie? Some of the fires are still burning, and it's been as dry as a dead dingo's umm... you know... down here.

Comment

Working...
        X