This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cause of Injury - lack of adhesive ducks

So I fell in the shower tonight. It pretty much totally sucked. The good news is I'm not paralyzed nor did I break anything. I have a feeling I'm going to be very sore and cranky tomorrow though. I landed on my right hip right on the edge of the tub. I'm really, really glad I didn't get hurt any worse. That could've totally fucked up my back. I'm still not very happy though. Hopefully I won't be too sore to walk. I really don't want to use up my sick time for this.

At least you don't have a tattoo on your left buttock that says "soup" in Chinese.

Comment

... There, there.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
        At least you don't have a tattoo on your left buttock that says "soup" in Chinese.
        No! It says "courage"!

Comment

I was laughing before I even clicked on the thread.

I fell in the shower shortly after I moved into my last apartment. We had one of those suction cup mats on the floor and it got bunched up and I was trying to straighten it. Luckily my knee hit the side of the tub before my head hit the wall or it might have been worse. As it was, I had a mild concussion and a colorful bruise on my knee. I was actually fine that day; it wasn't until the next day I really felt the head injury and ended up going home from work early, and staying home the following day. My supervisor made me call my parents and he talked to my dad because he didn't want to let me drive.

A few months later we had to get our tub replaced because of a leak, and the new tub had a non-slip surface so we didn't need any adhesive ducks.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I have adhesive squares, but I've never adhesive-... adhese- ... affixed them to the tub.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I use a rubber mat ever since I fell in the shower once. I was ok but it scared the crap out of me, because I live alone. I'm not sure the cats would wait until I was dead before they started to eat me
              "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                I have adhesive squares, but I've never adhesive-... adhese- ... affixed them to the tub.

^-.-^

Adhered.

I did the splits exiting a hotel tub once. It was tough to sit for a while, never mind the lack of noctournal activites.

Comment

Quoth Crescent Cat View Post
                  No! It says "courage"!
                  NO it says "delivery on Tusedays"
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Shame on you CSers! Can't you see that Crescent Cat needs some real help here?
                    Don't worry CC, I've got you covered, 'cause I know injured is a kind of sick.

Soft kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of fur. Happy kitty, Sleepy kitty, Purr, purr, purr.

(And seriously, her making him do it as a round was some of the funniest tv I saw last year.)

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                      Shame on you CSers! Can't you see that Crescent Cat needs some real help here?
                      Don't worry CC, I've got you covered, 'cause I know injured is a kind of sick.

Soft kitty, Warm kitty, Little ball of fur. Happy kitty, Sleepy kitty, Purr, purr, purr.

(And seriously, her making him do it as a round was some of the funniest tv I saw last year.)

I have every season on DVD, and I've gotten at least three coworkers hooked on the show. Some were already fans. Once, Needy and I were leaving for lunch, singing Soft Kitty on our way to the back, and a random customer started singing along with us!
                      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

And now you can see it again....

and again....

and again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Z5wQHGn5g
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Hope you don't hurt too much! After one too many falls in the tub, even with bath mats, I bought a Gator Grip bathmat. I love it and in 5 years not a single slip, and its easy to clean.
                          The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                            Don't worry CC, I've got you covered, 'cause I know injured and drugged is a kind of sick.
                            Fixed that for you.

Noooo....you have to start over!
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

http://themetapicture.com/grumpy-cat...ft-kitty-song/

Can't help myself. TBBT is the ONLY show in the history of Television that on a good day can carry the jock strap of Arrested Development.

Note - NO show is as good as Arrested Development (I cannot WAIT for May 4th, I will be listening to The Final Countdown nonstop for a week before that), but TBBT is easily in the argument for #2.
                              Last edited by EyeTeaGuy; 02-07-2013, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X