• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Why I didnt buy you a drink..." Likely NSFW

One mans experience @ a bar...

F'in hilarious!

http://acidcow.com/pics/6785-why-i-d...nk-5-pics.html

OMG! I love it! I love the guy who wrote it. I want to meet him and have his babies and ... um ... ... Yeah ... I'm the chubby girl. Though I never had guys buy me drinks at bars. Then again, I didn't really hang out at bars. Ah well ... I hope that skinny chick learns her lesson. (And the chubby girl's friends? Hope they went home with no one and envious that their "ugly" chubby friend was getting her freak on. ).

Comment

You're supposed to demand drinks now? My copy of "How to be a Bitch and Make the Rest of Us Look Bad" must have gotten lost in the mail.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

ugh. that's why i don't go to bars. too many "pretty" girls making all the "collar poppers" drool. it makes the dance floor slippery and dangerous. no good. but the author had some really good points. just asking for a drink like that is just...tactless.

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
        Ah well ... I hope that skinny chick learns her lesson. (And the chubby girl's friends? Hope they went home with no one and envious that their "ugly" chubby friend was getting her freak on. ).
        lol that's my thoughts exactly.
        If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
        ^_^

Comment

That is pretty awesome. ^^
          http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
          Melody Gardot

Comment

The moral is my favourite part.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I've been the out-of-place overweight girl. I, too, would have been delighted that someone offered me a drink. However, if I found out that the only reason this guy was giving the "big girl" the time of day was to get back at a skinny bitch at the bar....it would have meant nothing. I found his attitude to be a mite condescending. I'm glad his friend was "open-minded" enough to see past her weight, and I hope she gets other friends soon, ones that don't ditch her.

This is the reason I used to love going out with my friend, who is hot. Someone would offer to buy her a drink and she would coquettishly introduce me and ask, "What would you like?" Her rule was, if you want to buy me a drink, you buy for my friends as well.
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

See Admin, more girls need friends like that.

I was (still am) the overweight girl, but the skinny chicks I know/knew, have/had such low self esteem, they couldn't shine even if they were wrapped with brightly lit christmas lights. I was the loud, boisterous, laughing chick that got the guys' attentions.

I remember going to a country music concert, and the end, one of the acts was signing autographs afterwards, so I got to meet the singer plus a couple of the musicians. Out of all the chicks in line (mixture of heavy/thin, bleached blond/brunette/redhead, and I was still heavy, not so much as I am now, mind you) I was the only one invited to go back to the bus with the fiddler player. Now, if I had gone there by myself ... maybe ... maybe not ... but the chick I went to the concert with was miffed that I was the one he wanted, not her.

So moral: Heavy chicks - go to the bar with girls like the one in Admin's post or find a better group of friends. Or be like me and find skinny chicks with low self esteem that you're the star! (not that I'm advocating #3, but ... I does work).

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                  I'm glad his friend was "open-minded" enough to see past her weight, and I hope she gets other friends soon, ones that don't ditch her.
                  That was the one part that did bother me. I dont see why one has to be "open minded" to be with someone whos not skinny.

Comment

i didn't read the whole thing but i agree you don't have to buy a stranger a drink
                    nor should they demand one

buy your own drink wtf

actually i had just the opposite issue. i had a couple of guys offering to buy me drinks one night. thing is i wasn't drinking cos i was driving. one guy got a round for the table - including me - and i wouldn't drink it. the other guy got me a soda.

i think the first guy was pissed. but hey, first guy ignored what i wanted and the second guy didn't.

Comment

I've had guys buying me drinks all night, before. And not wanting anything in return. XD I guess, despite being a big girl, I'm just the life and soul of the party.

I remember once propping up the bar and this guy walked right past this skinny girl to talk to me. I heard skinny girl saying in a pouty voice to her friend, "But she's faaaat! Why is he talking to her?" Um, perhaps cuz I have an actual personality? Plus, boobs.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                      X