This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Gaming World

I've decided to open up my D&D world as an open gaming world. The idea behind it is that people can make use of the world, making changes, setting up their own realms within the world and running games within it.

I want to start my own play-by-post game on the forums. I've been wanting to get another, more regular game running but haven't found another group locally, and my weekly game splits between two GM's and thus, doesn't get a lot of play.

So this is an open invitation to all RPG-ers who are interested in playing in, or running their own game, as well as to those who would like to exercise their creativity to some degree. The site will be released under Creative Commons license, so people can make use of what's here, without

The forums are here

The Main world site is here.

Note that some changes to the main site need to be done, since it was originally set up specifically for my current tabletop group, and I still need to upload the Creative Commons license information, so expect some changes to occur.

Come over and play!

Edit: Oh, and if you know of anyone who may be interested, feel free to pass the information on.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

sounds like fun!

Comment

also: what version of the rules are you using ?

I've been meaning to learn how to play AD&D for years and playing by post seems like a good way to start

Comment

Quoth Pony_Boy View Post
        also: what version of the rules are you using ?

I've been meaning to learn how to play AD&D for years and playing by post seems like a good way to start
        My own game is going to use a modified version 2 rules. Feel free to join up, I'll help you learn (and you won't be the first new-b I've taught during game).

As to anyone else who wants to run a game, they can use any rules set for their game as long as it's fantasy-based (ie: no Cyberpunk campaigns).

Eric the Grey

Comment

done and done

Comment

I've been trying to do something similar with my 3.5 D&D Campaign.. granted, I'm also lazy and easily distrOOHSHINY!! ..ahem, so things are going very slowly on my end. I still have a ton of updates I need to do currently (remove an NPCs, finish statting and mapping a city, add bio to another NPC, and some minor tweaks). So, basically.. forgo any info you actually see on the site, since 90% of it is going to be changed soon.

Just wish I had people in the area to play with. T_T

http://dnd.schadenfreudestudios.com/
            "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Pony Boy, give me a little time, and I'll get an intro game going for you to learn in. There is a post for it now, so jump on in. You should have permission to post in the forum now. I'm going to set up groups for each "game forum" to keep non-involved people from cluttering up the game forums. Give it a test.

I'm working on the assumption that you have managed to pick up some books. If not, let me know and we'll see what we can do to help you out. They are out of print, so locating them may prove difficult, but if you do find them, they're typically not very expensive.

Bloodsoul; I like your site. I'm pretty much in the same boat you are. Hopefully, I'll get to see my world grow, eventually. I don't expect it to be quick, but I really hope it takes off to some extent.

Eric the Grey

Comment

Working...
              X