This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not at all what I expected!

Despite having heard the many horror stories about many women being ignored at Pink Women's Underwear Chain for "not looking the part" (read: not skinny and wearing expensive clothing), I had coupons so I decided to go for the first time today.

I was ASTOUNDED. I had never been to one before but had looked online to get some ideas of what I wanted. One of the cashiers there approached me and asked if I needed help, initially I thought I didn't but she saw me having trouble locating something so she approached me again. She sized me for a bra (the largest size they carry, so I knew there wouldn't be much), and went out of her way to see what they had in stock in my size, even spending a good ten minutes in the back room hunting down different colors. I eventually found one thing I wanted, though I couldn't find a bra I liked so she helped me order one online to be shipped straight to my house. In all, she spent maybe half an hour helping me, and despite not getting what I had originally planned I (and Hubs as well ) walked out very happy.

And yes, I sent an email to the company bragging about her. She was so incredibly nice and helpful, I would have felt bad if I didn't.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Yes, their service is quite excellent. When I went to buy some bras for Mrs. TGK, it was in the middle of their clearance sales and the sales assistant did almost all my legwork combing the bins.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Yay for finding the right sized bra. I got sized at a department store once, and it was off by two cup sizes. I can't blame them, all the charts say that's the size I should be, but I seriously would fall out the top, not in a good way though. Anyway, the Pink Women's store does have my size, but I haven't shopped there for myself before. I once got their perfume as a present for someone, haha.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I recently had amazing luck there, too. I had breast surgery (reduction and lift) about 7 years ago and cannot find a bra to fit well at all. Most of what I had that did fit gifted to me by a well off friend that had more bras than she could ever wear. I went in and was soon greeted and measured. **I thought the initial size she spoke of couldn't be right (I was right, but she was only off by 1 cup size). She asked what kind of bra I was looking for and proceeded to find me several to try on. I bought 3 new bras that day plus a new sports bra because she was so helpful. I have fallen in love with my new bras and won't wear anything else.

**I was a DD before my surgery and the surgeon took me down to a large B/small C.. However, nothing settled quite right and B's nor C's fit. She initially thought I'd be in another DD but we found that the single D fit quite nicely.

Comment

Working...
        X