This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
    Mind officially went to the gutter after only reading the first bit.
    I do feel bad for her husband.

Because of her attitude, of course...

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      Addams Family Values, the chipper, hyper-happy camp counselor
      Oh, gods, my hands itched to get around that woman's throat the whole time she was on film. How did you keep from using your scissors on that customer, instead of her fabric?

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
        How did you keep from using your scissors on that customer, instead of her fabric?
        Why, via the Retail Workers' Mantra, of course!

Jail is the *** killer...
        I shall do no harm...
        Lawsuits are bad...
        They're not worth it...
        OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
          Oh, gods, my hands itched to get around that woman's throat the whole time she was on film. How did you keep from using your scissors on that customer, instead of her fabric?
          Well, I was trying to keep from accidentally using them on the kid, but Mummy wouldn't accept that...
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That's a passive-aggressive technique, a step up from telling complete strangers to "Smile!" Be fake-cheerful and accuse everybody else of being grumpy. It's how twats like her get their jollies.

Also, I think it would have been pretty funny to get the kid to move over, then put a pillow in her place and demonstrate what happens when scissors go a little too fast. Maybe that would have made an impression, without hurting anybody.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Also, I think it would have been pretty funny to get the kid to move over, then put a pillow in her place and demonstrate what happens when scissors go a little too fast. Maybe that would have made an impression, without hurting anybody.
              With a few statistically place ketchup packets?
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                Maybe except that Barbie wasn't using her perky demeanor to be a bitch iirc. And it sounds like the SC was over-the-top fake friendly ... the kind of person who seems to be happy and cheerful, and then turns out to have a giant princess-of-the-universe attitude
                I was comparing Barbie to Food Lady, not the SC. But yeah, this SC was just...pretty much exactly what you said.

How the heck does someone deal with people like that? I can't think of any way to win in the game they're playing. If you chipper up, they'll up the ante or talk to you like you're a dog. If you keep neutral, they'll call you gloomy and grumpy. If you do go gloomy and grumpy, they'll tattle on you to Corporate.

I don't know, maybe it's because I don't play or get the point of these idiotic mind games. That, and I outgrew middle school decades ago.
                Last edited by XCashier; 08-22-2012, 04:17 AM.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Carsomyr View Post
                  I hate those people, I really do. All I want to do is grin the cheesiest grin I can manage while punching them in the face. I've yet to meet anyone who enjoys being told they're gloomy, so the only possible conclusion is that these people actually feel better about themselves by putting others down.
                  See I just want to punch them on principle. If you have to drown me in your -chipperness then you need to dial it back. I don't mind happy, i don't mind sad, I even don't mind pissed off as long as its not directed at me in a form of blame but if I have to swim through a deluge to get to the "this is what I would like to buy/achieve/do" in the conversation I'm annoyed. Especially if you expect me to join in and *enjoy* the deluge you just dropped on me.

My, I'm not a happy person today! Apologies for my own deluge in this post!
                  I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

How the heck does someone deal with people like that?
                    How I dealt with it?

"Why aren't you smiling!?"
                    "I have scoliosis and my lower back is causing a lot of pain to me right now, I apologize if I upset you with my pain."
                    *Three second pause before one of three reactions.*

"Oh, I'm sorry I hope you feel better. "
                    "Don't you have any painkillers?" - the subject in then dropped after my negative answer.
                    "YOU SHOULD BE SMILING ANYWAY." - to which I simply 'winced' and then ignored them for the rest of the transaction.
                    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Working...
                    X