This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insufficiant Quantity

I'm working at the returns desk today. My desk faces the front door.

When a man pushes a huge cart-o-stuff up to my desk.

I immediatly suspect that he is Not a Customer as he has not entered through the doors with a very Large and very Loud cart that he has pushed up to my counter. Rather, he has appeared in front of me from already Inside the Store.

I see that one of my managers has noticed this also and is making a few discreet phone calls.

Me: Hello there Mr. Not a Customer. How may I help you today?

NaC: I want to return this Cart-o-Stuff.

Me: May I see your receipt?

NaC: Yep, got it right here. (he hands it over)

wow, maybe my spidey senses are failing me. Still...I'm stalling...chat him up, work the computer slowly, etc...but turns out I didn't have to because...

Me: Oh, dear, I'm so sorry sir...but I can't take these items back...they have already been returned.

NaC: *blink* Um...no they haven't.

Me: Yes...see here? It says "Insufficiant Quantity" Someone has already returned these exact same items on this exact same receipt.

NaC: Well...I don't know how that is possible....I have the reciept and I want cash back...but....um....I'll take store credit instead.

Me: Um...NO.

NaC: Can't you just run it as an no recipt return?

Me: No, sir, I will not take back items that Have Already BEEN Returned. I'm not going to do that.

The NaC starts to give me some grief over this and I say something about how I understand that you're upset let me get a manager lets call him BB for back bone.

BB: (After listening to man's story) Uh huh. I see. So, sir, can you tell me which door you entered the store through?

NaC: Oh, uh, ummm....(looks at the front door, at me, at the cart, at the door)...oh I, I um came in through the back.

BB: Oh, ok, we just need to do a little checking on that, should only take a few minutes and then we can get this sorted out.

NaC: Oh....I forgot something I needed to get, I'll be right back.

and he starts wandering through out the store with various employees keeping an eye on him. After about 10 minutes of this he decides to make his break for it,
    comes back around to the customer service desk....grabs the cart and heads for the exit doors...which are only entrance doors...so they don't open and he realizes he can't get out that way, so he abandons the cart and runs down to the actual exit for his escape.

silly rabbit.

Say...is there a place here that I'm missing for stupid sucky criminals?

Nicely pwned. And good to see a manager with a spine.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Excellent pwanage there, glad to see a theiving scammer fail. Although it's a pity you couldn't have handed him over to the police!

Still, one would hope he'd learn his lesson and not try this again. But this is CS, so you know he will...

Comment

Heh, once saw someone try to get a refund for a pizza they had dug out of our dumpster. Bossman recognized the pizza cause he was the one that threw it away. He told the person to get out or he was calling the cops

Comment

Had a guy try that once- the receipt was one we give for returned items, with a minus sign in front of the item and 'credit' instead of 'total' at the bottom.

Should have looked a little closer. I told him straight up he was trying to scam us. He left quickly.

Your story is much funnier though because the idiot tried to bluff his way through.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

The fact the system showed items had been returned means he may have already gotten away with the scam once before...
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Yeah, it starts when they pick up a receipt in the parking lot, go in the store and pick up the items on the receipt, and then head to returns. I had this happen once when I worked at a fashion store. It was the middle of winter and it there was a couple of feet of snow outside and it was below freezing. I watched the woman wander around with a shopping bag from our store, but I got distracted by other customers and couldn't keep an eye on her. A few minutes later she comes up and says that she wants to return some pants. She claimed to have come in to see if she had anything she'd want to exchange them for instead, then went out to get the pants from her trunk.

For pants that had supposedly been in her trunk for at least the last half hour (plus drive time prior) they were surprisingly warm. Inside of the store warm. Fortunately, security verified she hadn't gone back outside and her shopping bag was a lot thinner when she cam in than when she came to the register for the return and she didn't get what she wanted.
              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                Yeah, it starts when they pick up a receipt in the parking lot, go in the store and pick up the items on the receipt, and then head to returns. I had this happen once when I worked at a fashion store.
                I suspect this would only work for purchases that were made with cash, since usually with a credit card or check they must make the return using the same method of payment that was used to purchase them.
                Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                Fiancee: What?!
                Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Debit cards transactions get returned as cash or store credit in most of the big stores I've worked at or returned things to. I even tried last time I was at the big orange home supply store to get the return put back on my debit card but was told I *had* to have it as cash.

Even a check will get returned as cash or store credit after seven to ten days. Since those rules are usually printed on the receipt, it's easy for scammers to work around the receipt dates. As smart as some of these guys can be, I'd like to see them use their power for good, you know?
                  Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
                  X