This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I don't want you to bag, but thanks for the help!"

A customer has a HUGE order, and also reusable bags (which predictably she leaves until the last minute). I don't have a bagger so all I can do is scan (there's some unspoken rule that you shouldn't stop to bag until the register is in payment mode).

When she's paying, I reach for one of her bags while they're still accessible but she says "I'll do it!". There's so much on the back belt that even if she had 'let' me reach the bags I couldn't grab any without inadvertently crushing some groceries and/or hurting myself. There was a customer in the next lane so I couldn't come out from the register (which is the only way I would have been able to bag, but we can't leave in mid-transaction unless there's a very good reason). So all I can do is put the meat in plastic, wait like an idiot and try to flag down someone to help...I'm detecting a trend about my not being able to get a bagger even when I need one <_< SC decides to wait to pay until the bagging is done; I offer quite a few times to help but am waved away.

As she finally leaves, she snaps "Thanks for the help!" I couldn't reach her bags even if I'd wanted to (and the belt was so crowded there was no way for me to have the bag open). Luckily the other customers seemed to know what was going on and didn't grump at me about the delay.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Sounds like you got one of those who has decided they want to be PO'd and are going to make darn sure they arrange things so they (in their own little minds) have a good reason to be. Was she expecting you to leave the register (something else for her to be ticked off about!) midway through the transaction to go grab a bagger and physically drag them over to your station?

Suggestion for next time:

SC: (snarkily) "Thanks for the help!"

Cashier: (smiling ever so sweetly) "Anytime, dear!"

Would've pissed her off even more.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
      As she finally leaves, she snaps "Thanks for the help!" .
      Dafuq? Sounds like she turned down your offer of help at least twice (even tho there wasn't much you could've done). So what was her issue?! Suctomers. Understand them, I never will </yoda>
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
      X