This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Remember Me" on login not working?

Lately, every time I log in, I check the "remember me" box. And when I close the site, and get back on later, I'm logged back out. Is it my computer or this site?
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

It might be something to do with your computer or your internet connection. I'm always logged in on my desktop, laptop, and cell phone if I'm bored at work with no problems "remembering me".

Comment

Yeah, working fine here X. Do you have something along the lines of "Clear Browser Data" checked somewhere? (Depending on what you use.)

Comment

Cookies enabled?

Rapscallion

Comment

It was a glitch on my computer. We've got it fixed now. Sorry to bother you.
          My LiveJournal

Comment

What did you do to fix it? I've been having the same problem but on my iPad (haven't tried on any other of my devices in awhile ).
            Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
              What did you do to fix it? I've been having the same problem but on my iPad (haven't tried on any other of my devices in awhile ).
              Cleared out all the cookies and history, ran Disc Cleanup and Disk Defragmentor, shut it off and rebooted it. This is an older computer and is starting to have issues; we'll probably be replacing it soon.
              My LiveJournal

Comment

On a possibly related note -- If I do NOT click "Remember me", I will often get logged out in a short period of time even if I do not leave the site -- I'm talking about a session length of less than five minutes at times o_O It seems to have a random length, and there have been times where I will log in, read a single thread (with fewer than, say, ten responses), and the system will prompt me to login again when I try to write a reply.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Should be fifteeen minutes without activity for auto-logout without 'remember me'.

Rapscallion

Comment

Newp. Any time I try it in any version of FF, it kicks me after a random amount of time.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

also see if private browsing is on or not

Comment

Newp. really odd. Happens in Chrome, too. Cookies on in each case (it works just fine if i say remember me). Maybe the session timer is just set really short.

Comment

Working...
                        X